Is it only anchoring when im pressing down on the anchor point hard?

I watched one of freepowers videos, and about the wrist. He said you can touch the tremolo, and its only anchoring when ur pressing down on it
So does it mean that when i touch the body of the guitar with one of my fingers, is it only anchoring when im doing it really hard?

Thank you
No, it's anchoring when your finger is on it. It doesn't matter how hard you press.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Quote by Ibarshall_X
Is it only anchoring when im pressing down on the anchor point hard?

I watched one of freepowers videos, and about the wrist. He said you can touch the tremolo, and its only anchoring when ur pressing down on it
So does it mean that when i touch the body of the guitar with one of my fingers, is it only anchoring when im doing it really hard?

Thank you

Jager is wrong in this case. It's anchoring if you can't play without it being there, if you are in some way dependent on that finger touching the guitar or if you putting any pressure on it, if your finger just lightly rests on the guitar and moves with your hand with no pressure applied then it's fine.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
If you have tremolo, you should be barely touching the strings or you'll alter the tuning. If you have solid bridge, there is no problem, however you must be capable of playing the EAD strings with same ease as the GBE strings, there is nothing wrong with anchoring unless you have tremolo or it makes your playing harder. Your finger/palm mustn't change the tuning nor make the playing harder.
Live each day as if its your last.
Last edited by Coup de Grace at Jan 10, 2010,
I was always under the impression that anchoring was touching the body of the guitar with your fingers in such a way that your movement at the wrist is limited while picking.

As long as you touching it isn't hindering your movement or putting undue stress on your wrist, you're fine.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Jager is wrong in this case. It's anchoring if you can't play without it being there, if you are in some way dependent on that finger touching the guitar or if you putting any pressure on it, if your finger just lightly rests on the guitar and moves with your hand with no pressure applied then it's fine.

when i put my 3rd finger on the guitar
It really stabilises my playing
i can play without the finger there. Just not as fast
Quote by Ibarshall_X

Then I would say you are anchoring a little and I would personally take steps to remedy it but it is obviously up to you if you're relaxed and all that.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Ibarshall_X

If you can't play as fast without the "anchor" then it probably is an anchor and I'd say it's a problem.
If your "anchor" is moving around as you pick, like changing position when you change strings and brushing against the guitar as you're picking then that's fine. If not, however, then that's not.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
Quote by Aleksi
If you can't play as fast without the "anchor" then it probably is an anchor and I'd say it's a problem.
If your "anchor" is moving around as you pick, like changing position when you change strings and brushing against the guitar as you're picking then that's fine. If not, however, then that's not.

ok thanks
thats all i needed to know
I'm allready getting rid of the bad habit so ye