Ok my birthday is comin in about a month and I've been doin research and savin the money for some guitars I want or things I want to do for projects.

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-IBA-RG350M-LIST
Had my eye on this one because of the speedy fast 80s look to it and it has good reviews. Im possibly getting dimarzio pickups for it. Which would be the best combo for paul gilberts 80s racer x sound? I know PAF pros are good but is there a better combo?

or

Build a guitar and get parts from warmoth.com. Only downside to this is the $$$ and learning to paint cuz the paint jobs are expensive. And with the floyd rose the neck can't have as good a radius as the ibanez I want.

or

Use my sisters old squier strat which is now mine to add a new neck from warmoth and some dimarzio pickups. Idk how it'll sound and plus i'll have to leave a piece of the pickguard on to hold the hardware. And maybe repaint it to be like an EVH guitar later on.

Which would be the best guitar?
My Gear:
Ibanez RG-350 YE w/ Super Dist. and PAF pro pups
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
Not the ibanez, the Edge 3 is horrible; If you go with the Floyd Rose bridge get a real one
Quote by Zugunruhe
for some reason this post makes me suspect theres something horribly wrong with you.

not that thats a bad thing...

...dont kill me.
Quote by Morbidyeti
Not the ibanez, the Edge 3 is horrible; If you go with the Floyd Rose bridge get a real one

But i want to ask does the ibanez have a radius of 400mm(17") throughout the neck or similar to the warmoth floyd rose neck 10"-16"
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
Warmoth, for sure.

They can paint for you - I'd advise letting them do the neck, and just oil the body.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Warmoth, for sure.

They can paint for you - I'd advise letting them do the neck, and just oil the body.

I would love for them to paint it but the price of the paint is as much as the body itself and idk if i can pay that amount. I might practice painting on a piece of wood or something lol. Idk if tht would help but its worth a try learnin somethin new.
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
As I said, just tung oil the body.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Jackamedmos
get a new amp instead imo.

nah i already got one last b-day
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3