I want to buy a looper pedal for practicing purposes (a pedal that plays something on repeat that you've played with your guitar)
Whats the best looper on the market?... in terms of

-ease of use
-flexibility
-cost
I have the Boss RC-20XL. It's ok, nothing too special though. Wished I had waited a bit and got me the new Line 6 looper. Turns out it's about the same price and probably a lot better.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

The RC have drum sounds built in right?
I'm not sure about the digitech/line6
THIS IS THE JAPANESE KABUKI ROCK!!!!
Ibanez RG1550 w/ BKP nailbombs
Aria Magna series w/ Dimarzio SD
Blackstar HT 5
Fender FM210R
Ibanez DE7
Keeley/Boss BD2
Line 6 floor pod
I have the Digitech JamMan and it is pretty killer. It lacks a bit in the rhythm, only having simple drum metronomes, but it's a great interface and if you know a bit about electronics you can make a footpedal for it and do a lot.
The Digitech JamMan takes the cake for ease of use, I think. I played some of the RC series, but I found the JamMan the easiest for looping and doing overdubs. You can change the the speed of a loop to tap tempo; you can choose the metronome sound and volume level; you can select select one of 99 recorded loops/tracks via a knob with a convenient digital display; you can change loop and instrument input levels.

It is extremely easy to use and has, maybe, a ten minute learning curve. There's a little display that makes selecting, saving, deleting, and other little options very simple. For its amount of features, and absolute ease of use, and sound quality, too, I say go for the JamMan.
Last edited by hunterman at Jan 10, 2010,
thanks for all the good suggestions...
I really like the rc 2. its cheap and looks like the most bang for buck, but i might just wait a month or two and buy the digitech jamman....it looks like its the best overall