i'v heard some people say that the peavey vypyr 30 sounds crappy load, is this true?

im thinking of buying one for band practices and maybe small gigs like in church halls and stuff.

so what do you think?

any other amps like that to look at?
Unless you crank it so it gets power amp clipping it should be fine somewhat loud.

Whats your budget and styles/genres do you play ?
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Well, Vypyrs get stupid loud. My friend's 30 never went past 4/13 even playing live. My 75 hasn't gone past 3.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by JoePerry4life
Unless you crank it so it gets power amp clipping it should be fine somewhat loud.

Whats your budget and styles/genres do you play ?

well i have a marshall avt100 combo which is great, but i need an amp to carry round pllaces but still easily be louder than acoustic drums, (as the marshall is big and awkward since im only 14).

i thought the vypyr would be good because of the effects. id probably say around £150 budget for good amp around 30watt, and maybe buy sanpera 2 footswitch, is the footswitch any good?

thanks.
In order to be heard, you will have to crank it, and all SS amps sound crappy cranked, the Vypyr is no exeption