Page 1 of 6
i'm taking psychology course and my professor brought up an interesting controversial article on how some say that a female and a male cannot be just friends. in other words, if i get along with any of my female friends longer, than i am bound to fall in love with her and vice versa. i think there are a lot of movies that follow this idea.. where the characters are just friends and all of a sudden, they fall in love. what do you guys think??

i certainly don't believe this because there are a few of my female friends that i just can't see myself dating not because they don't reach standard, but because we're friends. some i would bone though

anyways, so what are your opinions?
My Axes:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 Telecaster
Fender 62 Stratocaster
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Your psychology teacher has never loved.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
That's retarded.

I don't see why I should have to explain why.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
I dunno some of my female friends i've know since they were like 12 so I don't really fancy them in anyway.

However I can see where he is coming from.
Quote by Venice King
That's retarded.

Indeed.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
That's a load of bullshit.
Quote by Rabidguitarist
Because the government would look like dicks if they suddenly started legalising substances when they've spent millions of pounds on lying to us about them.

Little do they know, they already look like dicks.
That's just stupid.

Unless your girl friends are really hot.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Your psychology professor needs to get laid.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I really don't see it as true becasue i have quite a bit of female friends and i've only "liked" a select few of them. But it could be true in some cases, idk.
Rofl?

Lol Cross. The Power of LOL Compels you!
Quote by Todd Hart
Your psychology teacher has never loved.

i think you misread what i wrote. the professor only brought the article to discuss.
My Axes:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 Telecaster
Fender 62 Stratocaster
Quote by EuBoat
Gay bloke + lesbian =/= sex.

Your teacher is shite.

What if the lesbian was like really butch...?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
i disagree. i think you can be just friends with someone. just imagine there was this girl who made you laugh and was really loyal to you, but you didn't find attractive in any way... (i'm in this situation, feels good man)
Clearly he hasn't heard of the friend zone.

Oh, and most of my friends are girls, and I feel no romantic longing for them.
that's rubbish, it's more like if you are friends with loads of girls and you're a guy you're more likely to be gay
That's just plain stupid. I have been best friends with a girl for my entire life.
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

Bullshit. My best friend is a girl, and though at one point early on I fancied the pants off her, now we're basically related. I have loads of friends who are girls actually. Probably equal to guy friends.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
a few of you keep talking about my professor but he's not the one that came up with this idea.. he only brought up the topic to discuss in class.
My Axes:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 Telecaster
Fender 62 Stratocaster
Fat stinky pile of Shlt.
I've been friends with 2 of my chick friends for 2 and 4 years,
never once thought about dating em.

Of course, nailing them was never outta the question,
however, dating never crossed my mind as a good idea.
I AGREE
um, i've friendzoned several chicks, and a bunch of dudes.

I'm bi, so if i didnt' do that with a lot people i'd get frustrated over not being able to be with them. I don't think it'd be different if i were straight.
Sometimes a boy and a girl can become such good friends that they see each other as family. Yes, they fall in love, but it is the same kind of love you feel for your brother or sister.
last.fm
"If I could prove by logic that you would die in five minutes, I should be sorry you were going to die, but my sorrow would be very much mitigated by pleasure in the proof."
G.H. Hardy
Quote by toogoodd
a few of you keep talking about my professor but he's not the one that came up with this idea.. he only brought up the topic to discuss in class.

Ahhh I understand now. He's trying to figure out why he can't get laid.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Venice King
What if the lesbian was like really butch...?
Hmmmm... You might be on to something!

*strokes imaginary beard*

stratkat
Link to the article please, I get the feeling it's unfortunately one of those not very scientific social psychology things. Pity.

But ya, girls and boys can be friends. I've a female friends who I have no romantic attraction towards, neither of us do. Then again we're both in long term relationships, so that might factor in.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by deaththrashcore
If you have friends who are ugly girls, chances are you won't fall for them.

but they could very possibly fall for you
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
thats not true i have a lot of girl freinds all of which are good looking(im shallow like that) i mean they are more than qualified but i have no romantic feelings for them
but i could see this happening in some cases (not mine) but time will tell
but isn't there that saying "there's nothing better than marrying your best friend (of course being the opposite sex)"
My Axes:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 Telecaster
Fender 62 Stratocaster
All my friends, excluding one, are girls and I only like ONE of them not ALL of them therefore you're theory = incorrect
* If my punctuation seems off, it's because my shift button is broken *
That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I'm not even going to waste time and effort explaining why.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
he's clearly an idiot!

out of all my friends, i'd say about 60% are girls and all my best friends (minus one) are girls. i'm much closer with my girl friends than my guy friends. and i've never had any sort of romantic feelings for any of them nor have they for me.
as long as one or both of you doesn't find the other physically attractive in the least, then you're good. Or if you're already in a meaningful relationship that's going well.
Last edited by technicolour at Jan 10, 2010,
What absolute rubbish. We're not Neanderthals, some men are able to see past a pair of tits.
Quote by deaththrashcore
If you have friends who are ugly girls, chances are you won't fall for them.

As hilarious as this is, I agree.

It's natural for human emotions to progress from one to the next. I've experienced it before. Hell, there's a girl I've been friends with since high school that I'm suddenly starting to have dreams about. I think my subconscious is trying to tell me something.
Quote by FreakAddiction
My mom says the same thing...

And yes she needs to get laid.

Pics???
last.fm
"If I could prove by logic that you would die in five minutes, I should be sorry you were going to die, but my sorrow would be very much mitigated by pleasure in the proof."
G.H. Hardy
Lol ok this is also a Psychology teacher, so instead of everyone just randomly saying "No thats bullshit!", lets ACTUALLY talk about this. It does have some truth to it because we are humans and if you get along with a girl, its just unconscious thinking, and its one of our primal instincts. Its obviously not like the movies all the time because, its the movies...But to some extent on a sub-conscious level you do want to "be with her" lol. Anyone else who ACTUALLY knows something about Psychology who wants to comment?
ledzeppelin7510 wrote:

come on guys, this could be great for Portnoy; remember when Neil Peart left Rush to join My Chemical Romance? Oh...wait...