I'm a huge Nickelback fan and would like to hear your thoughts about them. Also interested to hear: Songs you like/have learned to play by them, Nickelback Items you own, your favorite Nickelback Riffs/Intros, ect.

I can play: Too Bad, How You Remind Me

I Own: Nickelback: Live at the Sturgis DVD, All the Wrong Reasons Album, MP3 Song Too Bad.

I Like: Animals, Savin' Me, Too Bad, Woke Up This Morning, Photograph, How you Remind Me, Next Contestant, Never Gonna Be Alone, Far Away. (Just to name a few).

Favorite Riffs/Intros: Animals Intro, Fallow You Home Intro, Next Contestant Intro.
I can play far away, its actually really easy to play, but I saw Nickelback last Feb...they put on an amazing show
I'm banging my head against the desk in an attempt to refrain myself from flaming you.
last.fm
"If I could prove by logic that you would die in five minutes, I should be sorry you were going to die, but my sorrow would be very much mitigated by pleasure in the proof."
G.H. Hardy
Last edited by d3adh3adch3mist at Jan 10, 2010,
*hands flameshield* you'll be needing this. I never liked them a whole bunch, but I got free tickets to their show when they came to town last summer and it was an enjoyable evening, but nothing breathtaking
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
Least creative group to make the billboard top 200 in the past 10 years, imo
Thank You for your concern User_Name336. I can accept each person's opinion as long as they simply state it without using a four letter word every three seconds. The whole reason I start the threads and blogs I do is so that each person can respectfully state their opinion without criticism. In fact, check out my blog in my profile. I start out by saying that I will delete any message that is disrespectful to another user's opinion. Nonetheless, thanks again for your concern, and for taking the time to respond.
Quote by DragonMatt13
Thank You for your concern User_Name336. I can accept each person's opinion as long as they simply state it without using a four letter word every three seconds. The whole reason I start the threads and blogs I do is so that each person can respectfully state their opinion without criticism. In fact, check out my blog in my profile. I start out by saying that I will delete any message that is disrespectful to another user's opinion. Nonetheless, thanks again for your concern, and for taking the time to respond.

okay, i didnt know you deleted things. now that this is settled...
i'm going to go see Nickelback with Breaking Benjamin, Shinedown and Sick Puppies in a few months!!
YAY! i cant wait! i've been dying to see these bands for years. and finally, all 4 at the same time. its pretty much like heaven to me.
I like Nickelback, but the last album sounds a little pop... it's all about the drums.... but it's ok... i can listen to it..... If you like Nickelback so much i think you'll like Puddle of Mudd
Just in case anyone plans to come in here just to flame Nickelback can gtfo because I'll probably report you. I'm not usually this anal but it seems to me like a lot of people hate them because everyone else does.

Silverside Up is a great album in my opinion. Agreed on the standards of the newer albums though...

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Last edited by Zero-Hartman at Jan 12, 2010,
Even though I dislike Nickelback, if you come in here to flame them you're a total douche.
Quote by Kozlic
Music doesnt need to be quality to be good.

Press eject, give me the tape, if you know what's good for you
I only have two of their songs on my iPod: Never Again and Flat on the Floor. I like all of the singles from the Silverside Up album though(Too Bad being my favorite) but I haven't gotten into the others.
Quote by ruben_oliveira
I like Nickelback, but the last album sounds a little pop... it's all about the drums.... but it's ok... i can listen to it..... If you like Nickelback so much i think you'll like Puddle of Mudd

Thanks for the suggestion, I went to YouTube and listened to a few songs and I like what I heard. Really a cool group and that I want to hear more from In the future. THANKS AGAIN!
Last edited by DragonMatt13 at Jan 12, 2010,
I used to like them. But honestly, after All The Right Reasons (barring Side of a Bullet, which was alright), they went far downhill. It bothered me that they decided to make an entire album about sex....they've sold out, no less.
I'm putting that in the nicest terms possible, sooo....
Meh, I got into different alt-metal bands. AND, I looked into the music that influenced them, and found I enjoy that alot better. Bands I suggest? Chevelle, Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Seether, Pearl Jam, am I forgetting anything else? Those are ones you should like
Last edited by EvilAngel93 at Jan 15, 2010,
I hate nickelback. The have no creativity whatsoever and sound exactly like all the other garbage bands on the radio. And the reason I came in here was not to flame, just to see this site's opinion on them.
Quote by FenderBass13
The have no creativity whatsoever and sound exactly like all the other garbage bands on the radio.

That's what I thought at first, but if we look back at 2001 when they first came out(I know their first album was in 1996 before any "tr00 fans" come in here and correct me), I can't really think of many bands that sounded like them. Creed was probably the closest.
i thoroughly enjoyed the silver side up album when it first came out. this was like 8 years ago or something when i was still an early teenager. it was when buttrock was cool to like. but after that, my musical tastes changed (i.e. i grew up and became a musician) and they kept releasing what sounded like the same album over and over again, just with different song titles.

they are, in my opinion, a perfect example of how the music industry is driven by producers and marketing, not song writing and musical expression.

with that said, they have sold more albums and have more fans than i will ever have in my life. it is ironic how everyone says they hate them, yet they still have number one albums/songs all the time, so someone must love them lol.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
I love EVERY song by Nickelback (& this is a rare thing for me). I generally hear a song I love on the radio, but tend to not like all the other songs on the CD that particular song is off of. (So I have always had a tendency to like SONGS as opposed to groups.) I even love all the songs off of "Curb". My absolute favorite Nickelback songs are: Rockstar, Savin Me, How You Remind Me, & Animals. *Nickelback received a Grammy nomination for their song, "Burn It to The Ground" (another favorite of mine).
If I liked one Nickelback song, I'd probably like them all too. But they're an awful band, and every song has the same basic concept.
I think they're one of those bands that secretely everyone likes a couple of their songs but won't dare admit on UG because otherwise the pretentious music douches descend from the heavens and tell you how wrong you are. For what they are, they're a good guilty pleasure listen every now and then.
I quite like them. Dark Horse is a good album. Lyrically a bit meh but I did see them last year. Really good live show. Can't fault them there.

They're good at what they do, basic accessible rock. I don't see why so many people hate them. If they were awful they wouldn't be where they are now!

Each to their own and all that!
they used to be OK
now they just blow
but whatever eveyones entitled to their own opinion