Okay.
So I want to get a Schecter Synyster Gates guitar but wasn't sure whether to get the custom or the standard.

There custom is a lot more in price though.

I just wanted to know what the differences are?
And if it's worth buying the custom...
i wouldnt get either, you could find a much better guitar for the price
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
You know, I'd honestly recommend neither and get a Schecter Hellraiser Avenger instead. Same body shape, but it has a much less gaudy finish and looks nicer IMO. That way if you stop liking A7X you'll still have a guitar that you don't regret. Here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/Schecter-Hellraiser-Avenger-Black-Cherry/dp/B000P5T0GK

If you really want an FR, there's an FR version on Drumcity Guitarland. Here's the link to that:

http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/drumcitygl/stores/1/Schecter-2009-DIAMOND-SERIES-Ltd-Edition-HELLRAISER-Avenger-FR-Gloss-White-6-String-Electric-Guitar-P2698C286.aspx
Luck
Our Savior

Quote by burnboy85
where do snails get their shells, anyway?
Quote by crazy8rgood
They make them while they grow. They secrete the substance, I believe.
Quote by Gunpowder
THAT IS SO NEAT

tee hee i changed the shit out of my color scheme
Quote by XxRustInPeacexX

Could you recommend one please?

I'm so stuck. There are so many out there to get. And I'm fed up of playing on my crappy Gear4Music one
the custom is woth it you get genuine seymour duncan pickups not designed by, set neck not bolt on and a original floyd rose not a licensed one
Sigs are what companies use to make you buy something.
You can get a better Schecter without the price or the embarrassing stage name.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Okay, well, here's the basic differences.

Synyster Custom vs. Synyster Standard
Set neck vs. Bolt-on
Seymour Duncan overwound Invaders vs. Duncan Designed HB-108s
Original Floyd Rose vs. Licensed Floyd Rose
Ebony fingerboard vs. Rosewood fingerboard
Mahogany neck vs. Maple neck

As well as that, you're looking at a better build quality on the Synyster Custom than the Synyster Standard.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
The biggest difference is the ebony fretboard and the Seymour Duncan Invaders which are on the custom. Also the custom has the original floyd rose and not a licensed floyd rose, and apparently the it's a set mahogany neck on the custom and a bolt on rosewood for the standard.
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
all the above comments about this guitar are very valid IMO. I am a huge a7x fan but I would never buy that guitar, even to get syns tone. if you are looking for syns tone, get a NICE-looking mahogany bodied guitar and stick in a Duncan invader and a fernandez sustainer. Itd be cheaper and nicer on the eyes. or get one of zackys sigs if you have to have an avenged signature guitar. but honestly, having heard the synyster standard, it's better and easier to get brians tone with his pickups and just simple amp settings.
(L) R.I.P FoREVer (L)
Quote by Syn-Vengeance
all the above comments about this guitar are very valid IMO. I am a huge a7x fan but I would never buy that guitar, even to get syns tone. if you are looking for syns tone, get a NICE-looking mahogany bodied guitar and stick in a Duncan invader and a fernandez sustainer. Itd be cheaper and nicer on the eyes. or get one of zackys sigs if you have to have an avenged signature guitar. but honestly, having heard the synyster standard, it's better and easier to get brians tone with his pickups and just simple amp settings.

Poor Rev... :'(
meow
Quote by Mattie =)
Poor Rev... :'(

he deserved to die, everytime an emo kid cries, a Viking comes from the pagan lands and dismembers him
Quote by XxRustInPeacexX

+1...Get a normal Schecter or a Jackson

You can get better features for less and as someone above said...If you get over A7X then you won't be stuck with a guitar you don't want
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
I agree with the guy that has Johnny Bravo as his avi.

But it'd be better buying a non-sig guitar, unless you are in LOVE with the finish.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Without reading anything else anyone has said.

Custom. Hands down.

I have the '09 Custom Limited and it's PURE BEAUT ;D

Seymour Duncan Custom Invaders.
jfreyvogel is a legend.

Quote by dudetheman
I am so goddamn high right now....

...and I'm watching my balls. Seriously guys, have you ever noticed that your balls actually MOVE? They like, breathe. It's weird as hell.....