I have a vintage v100 guitar which i have had for about a year now. Over the last few months i have noticed it is really screaming when its on the bridge pickup and even the tiniest amount of distortion is on. My amp is a 30 watt and its on about 2 when its doin this. My friend has the same guitar so we tried out his guitar on my amp and it was fine and didnt do this at all. Is there something wrong with the wiring on my guitar or is it just coincidence that mine screeches and his doesnt at all.

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

Gone digital! NI audio 8 into guitar rig and ableton live!

AWESOME!
Your pickup has probably gone microphonic.

Does your guitar seem to be picking up more feedback than before? If so, either replace the pickup, or get it potted.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
yeah the feedback has got worse, and what would potted envolve doing? Would it be cheaper than a replacement?

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

AWESOME!
You can get it potted yourself, there are a few tutorials around on UG, check in with the GB&C forums.

Honestly, I'd not bother.

You can do it yourself, but its a helluva lot of effort. Not to mention messy as well.

On the other hand, you can send it in for potting. I'm not sure of the price, but given how messy it is to do potting, it could set you back $15 - $30.

Unless its some special pickup, I'd just replace it outright. I'm not a fan of stock pickups, unless its something like a PRS pickup or unless it came stock with aftermarket pickups.

If you want cheap pickups, check out brands like Tonerider, Iron Gear or GFS pickups. Though, I've not tried Tonerider, I hate the sound of GFS, but I do find Iron Gears pretty nice.

Otherwise, just go with Seymour Duncan or DiMarzio for the tried-and-tested route.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Thanks for the help, still not sure what to do il have a think about it. It seems easier just to replace and knowing the prices of my local store its probably cheaper to replace it.

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

AWESOME!