Hey guys, I am currently torn between these two guitars:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/ESP-LTD-Deluxe-EC-1000-Electric-Guitar-516629-i1149002.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Prophesy-EX-Electric-Guitar-104611124-i1386470.gc

I tried the EC1000 and it played great but I've yet to try the Prophecy as the GC's around here don't stock them. What are your opinions?

I am primarily going to use the guitar to play down tuned bands like In Flames or CoB
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Roland Cube 30x
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
LTD Ec-1000
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Last edited by dNWaKE at Jan 10, 2010,
i was between these 2 guitars earlier this month and ive got to say, the LTD is way better. Not a huge fan of this epiphone tbh. Sound wise and playability wise
The esp will be built better, finished better, sound better, have better fret access, have more frets, be more confortable but by far the most important reason is its not an epiphone lol

well maybe not more frets...jumped to a conclusion there lol
LTD. I own the LTD, and I was torn between these two before I bought it. It's a lot better.

I only wish it had an ebony fingerboard, like the Epi. God damn, I love ebony

Actually, I'd rather buy this: http://www.samash.com/p/EC401FM%20Electric%20Guitar_-49955143

It's the same as the Ec-1000, but with less abalone
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

Last edited by mcjosh at Jan 10, 2010,
Man that epiphone looks sweet. I love epiphone and I am extremely biased towards them. HOWEVER, in my opinion, I think the ESP is a better choice.
EC1000 all the way
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
If I want to play bands like In Flames, Cob, and Bullet for my Valentine, what tuning should I set it up for?
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Roland Cube 30x
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
LTD Ec-1000
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
LTD. No question.

^ Drop C maybe?
Luck
Our Savior

Quote by burnboy85
where do snails get their shells, anyway?
Quote by crazy8rgood
They make them while they grow. They secrete the substance, I believe.
Quote by Gunpowder
THAT IS SO NEAT

tee hee i changed the shit out of my color scheme
Id say the LTD, gotta love the 81/60 EMG combo.
ESP LTD m400
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ Sanpera I
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

"Dream big, and dare to fail. I dare you to do that." - James Hetfield, HoF Speech, 09
Quote by Synyster915
LTD. No question.

^ Drop C maybe?

+1 and FWIW i have one !!!
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
Quote by mcjosh
LTD. I own the LTD, and I was torn between these two before I bought it. It's a lot better.

I only wish it had an ebony fingerboard, like the Epi. God damn, I love ebony

Actually, I'd rather buy this: http://www.samash.com/p/EC401FM%20Electric%20Guitar_-49955143

It's the same as the Ec-1000, but with less abalone

If LTD's weren't almost always coated in abalone, they wouldn't be so damn ugly.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by dNWaKE
If I want to play bands like In Flames, Cob, and Bullet for my Valentine, what tuning should I set it up for?

bullet and cob usually play in drop c and d standard while in flames plays in c standard and drop a#
Quote by Ikey
im no fred flintstone but i can sure make the bed rock

MY GEAR!

Epiphone Futura Custom EX
Randall RG75DG3 Combo Amp
MXR 10-Band EQ
Oscar Schmidt OG10CEN

howya doin
The LTD is hands down, better. I've played both. That's my opinion, though. It all comes down to what you feel is the better guitar.
Quote by no.mop
If LTD's weren't almost always coated in abalone, they wouldn't be so damn ugly.

I feel ya.

Theres a bit of it but it looks nice. you come to appreciate it. I get alot of compliments on the inlays and binding. I always reply with "gee, that's my least favorite thing about it"

Still a kick butt guitar.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
Man it really comes down to which EMG pup combo you like better. They are really similar guitars in every aspect from body style to number of frets. I've never played an EC but I like Les Pauls. Is the LTD lighter in weight compared to the Epiphone? I know I hated the weight of my Gibson LP when I had it. You know honestly if the LTD was lighter then I would probably go with it and also because most guitars now seem to come with the 81/85 combo across most brands. Do that and go with the 81/60 just to be different!
Quote by ChuggyMcBr00tlz
I feel ya.

Theres a bit of it but it looks nice. you come to appreciate it. I get alot of compliments on the inlays and binding. I always reply with "gee, that's my least favorite thing about it"

Still a kick butt guitar.

For sure. They're definitely quality guitars. I just can't stand gaudy abalone
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
I'm sure the LTD plays better, but the Epiphone can't really be beaten in looks. JS, quilted maple, ebony fingerboard, white binding (not that awful cream colored bullshit that I hate)... All this coming from someone who isn't even attracted to LPs to begin with.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Wow are you serious? You think the abalone is gawdy and ugly. Are you guys all teenagers or something? I know this place is full of kids so don't take my question as an offense.
Can the esp play good cleans too? Or would u guys say its a metal guitar?
They're both metal guitars. The binding is a bit OTT on the EC-1000 IMO. I don't like guitars that have that much abalone, it looks insanely tacky.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
LTD, but the tune-o-matic bridge annoys me. I'd like a floyd bridge.
Current Equipment

-ESP LTD F-50
-Ibanez RG120
-Peavey Vypyr 30 x2
-Hondo Les Paul 79'
-Marshalls MG10
-Boss DS-1 Pedal
Im a fan of both brands so Im not being biased but Id go with the LTD. The Epiphone loks hideous and seems like their lame attempt to enter the metal world.
Lifes a grave and I dig it!