im gonna stick my neck out and say line 6 spider 4....but only the fully featured ones....not the 15 watt...but the maybe thats getting on to be too loud for you...i dunno
Quote by Orethor
im gonna stick my neck out and say line 6 spider 4....but only the fully featured ones....not the 15 watt...but the maybe thats getting on to be too loud for you...i dunno

Fully ignore this post
hey thats open minded lol...

ur gonna get a lot of "opinions" here...small practice amps seem to be a hot topic....

best thing is to pick 3

which knowing this forum will end up being a roland cube 30 a peavey vampyre (that spelt wrong ?) and a LINE 6 SPIDER 4! and go try them out
Don't you wonder why everyone hates line 6 spider? Because for the same price you can do much better, like a peavey vypyr or Vox.. But out of the practice amps avaliable for you, vypyr is your best bet.
What genres do you play? It might help a bit..... if you don't play metal Vox AC4TV is a safe bet, cos it has a power dropper downer quieter volumer thingy knob. About £190 and 5 watts but as I clearly explained drops down to 1/4 watt and I think 4 watt?
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Quote by Cadburys
Don't you wonder why everyone hates line 6 spider? Because for the same price you can do much better, like a peavey vypyr or Vox.. But out of the practice amps avaliable for you, vypyr is your best bet.

The ones before series 4
Quote by jamesfarr
The ones before series 4

Ah I see, what would you reccomend then as a practice amp? Also the negativity of the other series is still going to reflect peoples opinions.
On the face of it the peavey looks better it says it does more stuff...however...line 6 have been doing nout but modelling amps years...whereas as far asw i know this is peaveys first attempt....hmm....they prob havent got it right...i dunno ive not tried one...

first gen stuff usually isnt great....the first spider, and the second for that matter sounded awful...
Quote by Cadburys
Ah I see, what would you reccomend then as a practice amp? Also the negativity of the other series is still going to reflect peoples opinions.

Blackstar HT-5
Quote by jamesfarr
Blackstar HT-5

Has the guy actually given a price range at all?
Quote by Cadburys
Has the guy actually given a price range at all?

He said up to an Orange TT which is even more than the Blackstar. Also he can do a better than the Vypyr
you will get lots of pleasure out a little 5 watt valve amp and theres loads out there to choose from...but they are limited in the range of styles they can do, unless uve got a few pedals to play with.

ive heard lots of good comments about the blackstar, the little marchall haze sounds really cool too
Oh god, what have I started?

A little bit of backstory: Over the last two years I've owned an Ashdown FA40 combo, an Laney GH50L stack and an ENGL Screamer combo. I've since sold all of these and I just want something small to play around with for the time being. I do bits of recording but I do that mostly with VSTs, and I don't think I will be playing guitar at a gig for some time. I remember playing one of the old old line 6 spiders and thinking they wern't so bad, but that was years ago when I couldn't really tell what sounded good.

Bottom line is: Unless the amp is really small(physically) and cheap, like a microcube, I'd rather have a valve amp.
id say try a decent multi fx, something like a pod x3 or the boss one or the digitech one...maybe...if u just want to mess about

they'll give u loads of flexibility for recording etc...

just a thought
I've heard PODs and the boss GT series in a recorded context before and IMO they sound pretty average. I have free VSTs that sound just as good in a mix. The only modeling I'm really interested in is the Digitech GSP1101 and the Axe-FX, but I can't justify either because for live use I'd need a poweramp and a cab, and for recording it's not very cost effective.

Having said that, I am entertaining the idea of getting a cheaper modeller and buying a pair of nice studio monitors to use with it. That way when I buy another amp the monitors still have an use.
Well ok...so what music do u want to play ? and what was wrong with all those amps uve owned ?
I play rock and metal mainly.

The Ashdown broke down, so I got it professionally repaired and sold it.
The Laney was way to big and it wasn't good for low volumes (not surprising really!) so I traded it for some other gear which I sold
The ENGL sounded fantastic, one of the best amps I've played by far. I just felt it wasn't getting enough use and I couldn't justify keeping it for only playing in my house.

On second thought, a used PodXT might be a valid option since they are pretty cheap these days.
Yeah i got a stack thats way to loud but im still gonna keep it...to practice i either use me pod x3 with headphones or plugged into the power amp of my, cought, marrshall mg....sounds really good both ways...

if u can get one the x3 is a vast improvement over the xt, i own both...its got so many more models and it does bass and vocals too
Have any of you realised that this is a "Want to buy" thread, not a "recommend me a..." thread.

TS, I have a laney VC15 if you're interested?
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?