I recently tried running Borderlands on my new laptop (Gateway NV7802u). When i play i experience some visual lag. The game isn't running slow, just what i see. I can quickly scroll my mouse and click and the computer will recognize it just fine, but i don't see it happen as fast. I was wondering how I could fix this.
A few things to mention: I am not playing the game online, just locally. The game recommends a 2.4ghz processor and i am using a 2.2. I fully updated my video card and there was no change in performance. I looked online and it recommended getting a new video card. I was wondering if it was possible to get a new card for this computer (i don't know how to tell if the card is integrated). Also, would getting a different 'graphics engine' (or w/e its called) like directx10 or anything would help.
I tried to include anything that might help and so i could know my options. Thanks in advance.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
Ibanez RG550 Black, Maple Fretboard
Agile Pendulum Pro Dual 7 String
Ibanez Exotic Wood Quilted Maple Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 1x12 50 Watt Tube Combo
POD HD500 Multieffects and Amp Modeling Processor
Your computer is simply not powerful enough to play the game. Turning down the graphics settings should help performance issues.
As far as buying a new video card, I'm pretty sure it's impossible to install a new card on a laptop, so you're pretty much screwed. This is why desktop computers are best for gaming
laptops are not (generally) made for gaming mate, sorry.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Installing Video cards on laptops is hard or impossible.
Oh, you wouldn't want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise, they wouldn't wanna watch
Quote by RPGoof
Your computer is simply not powerful enough to play the game. Turning down the graphics settings should help performance issues.
As far as buying a new video card, I'm pretty sure it's impossible to install a new card on a laptop, so you're pretty much screwed. This is why desktop computers are best for gaming

Not impossible...just hard and easy to make a mistake. Do you have enough RAM TS?
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Just cheked out your computer... You got an integrated Graphics Card, so you would need to change thee whole motherboard if you want to get an actual graphics card and not a shared one with the processor. Try defragmenting your laptop and turn the game settings to the lowest possible. Also, if you have any running programs in the background, shut them down, as they take away your RAM and Bus memory.
I've got 4gbs of ddr3 memory.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
It depends on your Graphics card in the laptop. Laptops can do games just fine if they're meant for it. My laptop runs everything max'd out. Maybe yours just has issues or something.
Always make sure you're well over the minimum specs. Looking at your post, your Videocard and Processor both aren't powerfull enough. If you've allready set graphic settings to minimum, either buy a new pc or sell the game, there isn't anything to save.
The fact that most games have a wee asterisk saying "laptop gpu's are/may not (be) supported" tells me all I need to about laptops and gaming tbh.
Did you buy this computer for gaming? if so, you should have googled and stuff. you have at least to pay 800+ bucks to get a computer capable of gaming at decent framerates.

Dedicated graphichs card is a MUST.
Quote by Grunge Monkey
I've got 4gbs of ddr3 memory.

Good, you reached a requirement.
But you don't reach another 3 or 4.
Gaming is very intensive. Modern gfx's are about the same size as netbooks.
They produce so much heat that they have to be covered with a huge heatsink and a fan, powered not by the motherboard, but the power supply itself.

Your laptop doesn't do that. Your laptop produces graphics that are reasonable to the expectations of laptop use. internet, music, pictures.
I didn't buy the laptop for gaming. I borrowed the game to test the gaming capabilities of this laptop, which is a excellent home computer. I looked at the requirements of the game before i installed it. I thought the 2.4ghz processor was a lot to ask for so i figured my comp would pull it off. As for the two graphics cards it recommends, i have no clue how the compare to what i have. The game installed fine so i figured it had potential to run.
Is there a direct reason for the visual lag? processor, graphics card, etc? or could it be any of them?
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
Quote by Grunge Monkey
I didn't buy the laptop for gaming. I borrowed the game to test the gaming capabilities of this laptop, which is a excellent home computer. I looked at the requirements of the game before i installed it. I thought the 2.4ghz processor was a lot to ask for so i figured my comp would pull it off. As for the two graphics cards it recommends, i have no clue how the compare to what i have. The game installed fine so i figured it had potential to run.
Is there a direct reason for the visual lag? processor, graphics card, etc? or could it be any of them?

It's both. The processor is not powerful enough to run that game properly with a seperate graphics card. With an intergrated one it will have even less power to run the game
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
I don't know how else to explain it.
You're trying to play a snes game on a nes.