I opened up the front door today and found something sitting in my living room...

It's got a card on it, what does it say?

Aww it's from my wife, a happy birthday card. Apparently it's also from the dog. See, bacon always works.

Well isn't that a handsome devil...

Not a bad birthday after all...

*edit*
Here's the lowdown on size, if anyone is interested.
On the left is a Fender Rumble15 bass practice amp.
Center is the Handsome Devil (drool).
Right is an MG15CDR, collecting dust.

They are sitting on a 48" aquarium stand used for a 55 gallon aquarium
Gibson Les Paul BFG Gator
Line6 James Tyler Variax JTV-69
Line6 Pod HD500
Blackheart Handsome Devil
Last edited by ext1jdh at Jan 10, 2010,
Happy birthday man! The Handsome Devil is a really nice amp. Enjoy!
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
HNAD and Happy Birthday!

Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
HNAD!! Clips please and Happy Birthday!

Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
I have no good recording ability, and this is my first tube amp, so take all this with a grain of salt.

This is the sexiest thing I've ever played through ever hands down.

It so far outstrips my capabilities as a guitarist that I'm actually jealous of my own equipment.
In 7 watt mode, with the master set to 12 o'clock it moves enough air to be nice and loud. I believe it would be able to be heard in a practice space with no problems whatsoever. If you're gigging in a small club it may have to be turned up a bit louder but probably not mic'd. 7 watts almost sounds compressed but is perfect for smaller rooms, garages, basements, similar.
At 15 watts volume is not a problem whatsoever. The with the drive around 9:00 the cleans are sparkly and very clear. At 12:00 you begin to get the slightly clean/slightly overdriven sounds reminiscent of the Counting Crows - Recovering the Satellites album. With the drive cranked all the way up its similar to AC/DC or 90's pop rock like Third Eye Blind. For a moment it even sounded a little like the overdrive from Tool's Sober.
I haven't yet tried any pedals with it. Since I only have a Korg AX3000G multi-effects pedal, I can't give any real information on how particular pedals sound. I can pretty much guarantee that it's only going to get used for modulation and tuning at this point. The combo just sounds too bloody good on it's own.

*edit* after playing through my Korg pedal, it still sounds freakishly good. Some of the amp/cab models on the board don't do well, and the pedal itself sucks out a lot of volume, but the combo compensates extremely well. I stick with my previous statement about the modulation effects though. The amp is too good and unless I needed a more metal sound I would not bother with the onboard amp models.

This was a used unit, bought from a local GC for about $250.
Line6 Pod HD500
Last edited by ext1jdh at Jan 10, 2010,
Quote by ext1jdh

Well isn't that a handsome devil....

Todays comedians could learn from this post.
get the reference anyone?

HNAD sir. Get us some clips up, I like to hear Blackhearts
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by WtrPlyr

You should get a review or clips up, otherwise the mods are gonna close this thread.

It's the mans BD !!

It was good read. This thread is Chuggy approved !!

HNAD !!! Your babe knows how give good presents and surprises.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
Hey, it's my favourite low-watter!

HNAD, man. Those things are sweet!
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Happy Birthday! Lucky man. Your wife loves you, and you have a new amp!

Took me a few minutes, but I finally figured out what HNAD means!

-Argyle345
Happy NAD!!! I have a Handsome Devil head and I agree that it moves more than enough air to keep up with a drummer, bass player, and lead guitar player during rehearsal. Mic it up and you have a Hell of a great sound.

You will find it takes very well to pedals also. One of my best purchases.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Quote by ext1jdh
I opened up the front door today and found something sitting in my living room...

It's got a card on it, what does it say?

Aww it's from my wife, a happy birthday card. Apparently it's also from the dog. See, bacon always works.

Well isn't that a handsome devil...

Not a bad birthday after all...

*edit*
Here's the lowdown on size, if anyone is interested.
On the left is a Fender Rumble15 bass practice amp.
Center is the Handsome Devil (drool).
Right is an MG15CDR, collecting dust.

They are sitting on a 48" aquarium stand used for a 55 gallon aquarium

Nice! Congrats!

But she still makes you keep it in the basement, right?
I love my 'Devil man. I'm sure you will love yours too. Sounds like you got a good deal: a wife who knows good gear and who's willing to part with som cash for your enjoyment. Count your blessings, mate. My girlfriend wouldn't buy me gear for christmas because she said it confuses her...

I reckon it's because I'd spent more time in the rehearsal place and less time with her.
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.
Last edited by gerardwayne at Jan 11, 2010,
Quote by rdsmith3
Nice! Congrats!

But she still makes you keep it in the basement, right?

This, also there's less dog hair.
Line6 Pod HD500