OK so I have an Epiphone Les Paul that i got last summer and a Line 6 spider 3 15 watt amp that i got a few years ago and a few minutes ago when i started playing a song, the volume on the amp kept increasing and decreasing without me being near it. I know it's not the volume/circuit on the guitar because my guitar was just repaired in November about a week before thanksgiving and also because i checked my guitar on an older amp that i had and the volume was perfect the whole time. Has anyone had this problem or does anyone know what's going on? Thanks in advance.
Quote by GnRKid
OK so I have an Epiphone Les Paul that i got last summer and a Line 6 spider 3 15 watt amp that i got a few years ago and a few minutes ago when i started playing a song, the volume on the amp kept increasing and decreasing without me being near it. I know it's not the volume/circuit on the guitar because my guitar was just repaired in November about a week before thanksgiving and also because i checked my guitar on an older amp that i had and the volume was perfect the whole time. Has anyone had this problem or does anyone know what's going on? Thanks in advance.

There is your problem
Quote by jamesfarr
There is your problem

Haha i'm pretty close to buying a marshall stack amp but for now...
check you havent got any chorus or phase on. That sounds a little like volume fluctuation

TM
Quote by GnRKid
Haha i'm pretty close to buying a marshall stack amp but for now...

Which Marshall stack is this?
Its basicallly a computer so try unplugging it for a few minutes, flip the power on (with it unplugged) to make sure its totally powered down then try it again...

if it dont fix it then ull have to get onto line 6 coz it sounds liek somethings gone wrong...
Could it be the cable? I've had a similar problem before and it turned out to be that.
Quote by tim_mop
check you havent got any chorus or phase on. That sounds a little like volume fluctuation

TM

Thanks! this solved the problem.

to jamesfarr it's a Marshall MG creamstack
Quote by GnRKid

That is about as bad as the spider 3.
OO dont say mg on here....plus dont by one...i hate mine...i only use it as a power amp for my pod
Quote by GnRKid

brace for flaming, going from one the most hated amps on UG, to a larger and equally hated amp (mg's = CRAP)
save up / look for a tube combo of around the same pirce
YOU DO NOT NEED A HALF STACK

somthink like a peavey 6505 + combo would be ALOT better
around the same price
and it would be alot louder . . . .
Quote by Led Dirigible
Crickets have too much high end for my tastes. I prefer a nice beetle, lots of warm low end.

tl;dr put a beetle in your amp for superior toanz.

Guitars: Schecter C-1 Classic
Westfeild LP e4500
Amp: Vox AD15VT
This happened to mine.

When turning on/off the amp always make sure the volume switch/knob is down to 0. I had to get mine sent in cause I just took it to the guitar shop.