Weeping Demon or Crybaby 535q? I play mostly rock/classic rock/metal. Big fan of RHCP and AiC, and Frusciante and Cantrell's wah sounds. Any other suggestions are welcome, thanks in advance.
All the metal heads use the 535q, I like it.
I'd try out Satch's Vox Wah.
I can't say much for the weeping demon, DEFINATELY, give them a go.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Ibanez WH10V2.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
Ibanez WH10V2.

This, it's a reissue of Frusciante's main wah (the Ibanez WH10)

I think Jerry Cantrell is coming out with a signature Crybaby, so you might want to wait for that.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by JesusCrisp
Ibanez WH10V2.

This or the 535q as it's quite tweakable and versatile.
Quote by JesusCrisp
Ibanez WH10V2.

Can someone give me a link to this, I can't find it anywhere, not even the Ibanez site

EDIT: Found it, not to buy though
Last edited by matt_0_5 at Jan 10, 2010,
Ibanez Wh10v2's nice, but it has it's own specific sound that wont really sound good for other wah tones. Don't get a Crybaby unless it's old or you're good with a soldering iron.

The Colorsounds wahs are brilliant, and have a really smooth and large sweep, much nicer than Crybabies. Took me ages hunting down my Colorsound Inductorless Wah. Probably gonna sell it because I really want a Lovetone Meatball now.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Last edited by rhcp_freak at Jan 10, 2010,
Quote by rhcp_freak
Ibanez Wh10v2's nice, but it has it's own specific sound that wont really sound good for . Don't get a Crybaby unless it's old or you're good with a soldering iron.

The Colorsounds wahs are brilliant, and have a really smooth and large sweep, much nicer than Crybabies. Took me ages hunting down my Colorsound Inductorless Wah. Probably gonna sell it because I really want a Lovetone Meatball now.

That's racist.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Of those two? The 535q. Personally I like the Morley wahs though. Prior to getting my bad horsie 2 I had a standard gcb95 crybaby and then later a weeping demon. I liked the sound I could get from the weeping demon but it would up breaking on me even though it hadn't been abused in any way.
The gcb95 still works even though I have beaten the crap out of it. I'd use a dunlop on that merit alone, they're a solid wah.
Quote by JesusCrisp
That's racist.

Though true.

I have a plain old Crybaby that I was getting irritated with because of it's harsh sound and treble squeals. Then I modded it (very simple mods at that) and it sounds wonderful now. Very unique tone.
Out of the two you mentioned, the 535Q would be the best for AIC sounds.

contrary to everyone else it seems, i find the WH10 wah to be thin and weak sounding. maybe the pedal i tried was defective, but that's my $0.02.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I like my Weeping Demon. It has loads of versatility. I recommend the WD.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

I would use the Morley Steve Vai Bad Horsie 2 Wah pedal. It has a switch, and two knobs on it. The switch lets you choose either a normal wah sound, or a Contour wah. In the contour wah, you can dial in how much contour you want, and how loud you want the contour to be. You can basically play any style with it. The cool thing about it is that you don't have to "click" the pedal to turn it on, as soon as you move the pedal it goes on, and as soon as your foot comes off, it goes off. Hope that helps you man.
I prefer the weeping demon. The cry baby will always be a good choice, but some people will recommend it purely because of it's name and because some famous guitarists use it

The weeping demon is more versatile and imo sounds better. If you cant try them out in a shop then look on youtube for comparison videos, the WD sounds better in every one
535q
Peavey 3120
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Cabinet
Jackson RR5
Jackson DKMG
LTD EC-1000
TC Electronic Polytune
BOSS RV-5
BOSS DD-7
MXR 10-band EQ
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby
BOSS NS-2
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+
Quote by BucketheadOwns
I prefer the weeping demon. The cry baby will always be a good choice, but some people will recommend it purely because of it's name and because some famous guitarists use it

The weeping demon is more versatile and imo sounds better. If you cant try them out in a shop then look on youtube for comparison videos, the WD sounds better in every one

saying the weeping demon is more versatile than a crybaby isn't a ridiculous statement, but saying it's more versatile than a 535Q is kinda pushing it lol. they're both incredibly versatile, and yes i've played both and now own the Dimebag sig, which is essentially a 535Q with a boost and paintjob.

the weeping demon's cons to me were that it felt a little cheap, construction wise. it didn't have that built-like-a-tank feel that crybabies and voxes do. i didn't like the clean wah sounds on it too much, definitely not compared to a vox or crybaby (higher end model that is). it sounded good on higher gain settings no doubt though. but the actual part of the pedal you rock back and forth feels more wimpy compared to a crybaby, and like it'd be a lot easier to break if you (dunno if you can do this with a weeping demon, LOL) were to stand on one foot with all your weight on it. having the knobs in an easy to bend down and reach position are a nice touch on the WD, but i'd rather have the smaller side-located knobs on the dimebag wah and an all around tank of a pedal, compared to the weeping demon which has been said before to be a lil on the non-lasting side lol.

and of course i love the tone of my pedal.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out