A while ago I made a thread showing off my new bass, the Ibanez SR655pb "Blue Moon".
If anyone remembers, I decided to go ahead and purchase gold knobs, but I didn't post photos right away. I wanted to wait until I got new strings so that I could really clean and polish the bass, and i'm glad I did. It's even more beautiful now than the day I got it.
And its still playing beautifully; I'm never going to not love this bass.

So, without further ado, I present to you my beautiful Callisto, freshly stringed and with new knobs.

large images (Full resolution):

hhttp://img163.imageshack.us/img163/3310/dsc0134s.jpg

Smaller images in next post
"The bass player is the guy in the band that generally has the biggest penis" - Les Claypool
Last edited by Raccio14 at Jan 10, 2010,
Smaller images for slower internet connections (50% size):

"The bass player is the guy in the band that generally has the biggest penis" - Les Claypool
HEY! I remember that bass. It was badass. Now it be more badass than before.

Purple/Dark Blue + Gold is a great color combo.
Thanks man. Yeah, its really nice now that the strings don't have 2mm of dead skin coating them.
That is beautiful. I remember your original thread and I thought it was a good looking bass then, but now, wow. Good choice going with the gold knobs.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
That's a really cool paint job. What's it called (the paint job I mean)?
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

Thanks a ton everyone!

@salsawords and benonbass1: It's a limited edition finish from Ibanez with the model of SR655-PB. It was done for the 20th anniversary of the SoundGear series, and they only produced 150 of them. The paint job (and therein the bass) has been nicknamed the "Blue Moon".

That's where I got my personal name for mine (at a suggestion of someone on our forums whose name slips me). Callisto is one of Jupiter's moons.
I looks amazing, but I know you already know that. I think I remember in the last thread the orange bubinga laminates standing out more.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by c3powil
I looks amazing, but I know you already know that. I think I remember in the last thread the orange bubinga laminates standing out more.

The entire neck was horribly greasy and dirty and ultimately somehow it made the bubinga look a bit brighter than it actually is. After cleaning and re-oiling and polishing the neck, the bubinga now has a much darker, richer tone. It definitely looks better now.

And thanks again guys!
Quote by the_perdestrian
am I the only person who thinks that finish is ugly?

Probably

nah, its alright if you do though. everyone is entitled to their own opinion; I know there are tons of things that people love that i find revolting. If people didn't have their own personal preferences, there would never be any variety to anything

EDIT:
@edgeyyz: I got it for wayyy less than it should have been, just a little over $600. The store i bought it from was stupid and didn't know it was a limited edition
Last edited by Raccio14 at Jan 10, 2010,
Quote by the_perdestrian
am I the only person who thinks that finish is ugly?

No, my friend, you aren't. I don't know if 'ugly' if the right word (although the headstock is absolutely disgusting), it's just all too much.

The only way that I can think to phrase it is that this bass looks like a girl with waaaaaaay too much makeup on, it's just far too overstated. Having said that, I bet it plays real nice, so it may well have some inner beauty to make up for it's prostitute-like appearance. Nice bass TS, I do like Ibanez

EDIT:
Quote by Raccio14
If people didn't have their own personal preferences, there would never be any variety to anything

Indeed. My bass of choice is a stark contrast to yours (although it too is a 5-er strung BEADG with fairly tight string-spacing), as it is in a natural finish, which I loooooove to pieces, and find stunning to look at and play. On the other hand you may find it slightly too 'plain', and not to your liking at all. Boring perhaps. Pics in my profile if you're interested in a comparison
Quote by bodyheatseeker
That is simultaneously brilliant and obscene. I honestly don't know if I despise, or admire you.

Quote by Scutchington
If I had room, I would sig that entire post.

basschat.co.uk
Last edited by cm261 at Jan 10, 2010,
$600? I've never been more jealous in my life. That is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. I probably would stick it in a glass case and never play it though :O
would be more tasty if you put optima gold strings on it
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
would be more tasty if you put optima gold strings on it

Or Dean Markley Alchemists!
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Nutter_101
Or Dean Markley Alchemists!

This.

I can't decide if I like the finish or not. My first thought was that it was disgusting, but I kind of like it now. Definitely unique, and I love the gold hardware.
Gear:
Palmer 4-String Electric
Palmer 4-String Acoustic
Orange Terror Bass 500 head
Orange OBC115 cab
M-Audio KeyRig 49
hehhe, thanks guys.

I'm really fine with the silver strings; if I got gold ones it would really need gold frets too, and that would just almost be too much.

BTW, they don't make the alchemists for 5-strings. only 4 strings.
The Optima's do however have a 5-string variant.
not to be necro but i found this post through googling SR655, i want to buy 1 sooooo bad, and i HAD to say that this bass is beautiful....

though it didnt NEED gold knobs i prefered black on it-still looks great and no complaints here

.02 is all
Quote by HATe410
not to be necro but i found this post through googling SR655, i want to buy 1 sooooo bad, and i HAD to say that this bass is beautiful....

though it didnt NEED gold knobs i prefered black on it-still looks great and no complaints here

.02 is all

Thanks man. I like it alot; its a really damn good bass for the price. And yeah its hella pretty