what would be the best 30 watt practice amp in the £100 to £175 region?

probably solidstate, because it needs to be light. I have a 100 watt amp, but i need a smaller amp for band practices, and maybe small gigs.

will the peavey vypyr 30 ss be gigable?

thanks.
30 watts is too loud for practice.
Dot>Jekyll & Hyde>Turbo Tuner>DD-3>DD-7>DRRI
Quote by Akridosity

Theres something called a volume knob and he said he was using it for band practice, way to read OP's post
A 30 Watt Vypyr should be plenty loud for band practice, gigging it would probably need to be mic'd
Quote by Akridosity

how is that? he obviously needs it for smaller gigs also.
or are you talking tube amps? For $100 to $175?

I think 30 watts would be perfectly fine for band practise and small gigs. actually a 30 watt solidstate can have problems playing over loud drummers
This is not a signature
Vox VT30's are near that price range, right? I don't know any prices outside of the US, but if you can afford one get that. Otherwise, the Vypyr 30.
I'd say the Vox VT30, I have one and I love it. It's got a preamp valve as well, which makes for better tone

I've practised with it with a drummer, and it's plenty loud enough if you turn the output level up to the full 30 watts. It's pretty versatile as well, it has nearly everything from nice cleans and bluesy overdrives, to some pretty decent metal tones, and everything in between thanks to the 22 amp models. There're also some pretty decent effects, although these aren't as customisable as you might like, but for this sort of price you don't really expect that. You can store 8 presets on it as well, which really comes in handy when you find a tone you like

The only thing I have a few concerns about is that I haven't found a way to add effects on one channel and not the others, but this is probably just cos I haven't properly fiddled about with it yet

The best price I found for it is £149, from most music stores both online and high street. Personally I think it's the best amp in this price range, having read a load of reviews and watched loads of online demos.

Hope this helps
Quote by ErnestoFidel
how is that? he obviously needs it for smaller gigs also.
or are you talking tube amps? For $100 to $175?

I think 30 watts would be perfectly fine for band practise and small gigs. actually a 30 watt solidstate can have problems playing over loud drummers

so u think it might be too quiet?

will it sound crap if i turn the volume up load enough to play over the drummer?
Either a Roland Cube 30X, Ive used it myself. I started out on it, and I still go back to it from time to time. Love the distortion channel. Even after Ive gone through nearly a half dozen amps, This is the only one Ive kept around. I currently have a 60W tube whos cleans are superior to the cube's, but The distortion cant even touch the cube.

Or a Peavey Vypyr 30, havnt actually played it but the kids on UG seem to think its "teh metuhl!" So you might as well try it out.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Jan 10, 2010,