So I'm soon to tune my guitar to Drop b, or maybe Drop A. I was wondering what I need to do to help keep it in tune ( string gague, better springs, truss rod intonation) any advice is appreciated
Do you know how to tune a FR?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
you will probably need new strings and a completely fresh set-up. if you don't know how take it in to a guitar store.
Quote by TJ_Blanchard
I can tune it fine, just wondering if anything else would help with low tunings

I would get new strings. Ernie Ball Not Even Slinky's work well with Drop B and Drop A. (12-56)
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
You want an LFR to stay in tune?

Good luck. I've played quite a few LFR's (Jackson, various Schecters, one Laguna) and they've all gone horribly out of tune after pulling up on the bar. Once. Upgrade your trem to an OFR or the Schaller version of the Licensed (which is basically a lo-pro version of the OFR).

HOWEVER, given that you may not have 200 dollars to spend on that upgrade, I'd recommend that you give your guitar a full setup job. When you do that though, it's EXTREMELY important that you completely remove the tremolo BEFORE you adjust the action. If you adjust it while the trem is still attached, you'll destroy the knife edges on your trem and you'll never get it to stay in tune. Ever.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by FrustratedRocka
You want an LFR to stay in tune?

Good luck. I've played quite a few LFR's (Jackson, various Schecters, one Laguna) and they've all gone horribly out of tune after pulling up on the bar. Once. Upgrade your trem to an OFR or the Schaller version of the Licensed (which is basically a lo-pro version of the OFR).

If that is true... (unlikely...), then you just need to learn how to set up a Floyd...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦