Okay, I've heard great things about this guitar and had my mind thoroughly set on buying it for around £300.

I was looking through a few websites and I came across some tips for beginner guitarists and one was, "DON'T BUY AN ELECTRIC WITH A FLOATING TREMELO WHEN YOU START OUT."

The guy stated it was because of the guitar easily going out of tune.

I have had a previous guitar of really poor quality which broke so I'm not a total beginner, but I am far from experienced.

I was just wondering people's thoughts on this and whether or not to go for this model and would appreciate some other suggestions around the same price tag.

Thanks in advance

Alex.
I dont like them... but theyre for metal, which I dont like.
The floating tremelo is a huge pain in the ass... especially for a fairly new player.
I wouldnt get it.
GUITARS
Burswood Acoustic
Squier Affinity Strat
Fender Tele Deluxe
BASS
Ibanez Jetking bass
AMPS
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey max 158 bass amp
Fender Bassman 250
1979 Carvin of some sort
And some pedals
whoever said they go out of tune clearly didn't who how to set his trem up properly.
ive had my RG350MDX for nearly 2 years it hink and its pretty safe. good neck, average pickups, nice weight, fairly good trem for a low-cost guitar.

swap out the pups and youve got a pretty good guitar
It wont go out of tune - thats the point of it. But it is an arse to set up or change tunings. Its a good guitar, but only get it if you really use the whammy bar a lot. Other wise, look at the fixed bridge RGs, Jackson Dinkys, Schecter C-1s and Omens.
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
I played it on several occasions at a famous Sam Ash store (nyc) where they were well cared for. I really liked the neck pickup and it definitely did not go out of tune on me.
Quote by Twist of fate
Once, I watched Star Wars episode 4. I timed myself so that I came right when the death star blew up.

Afterwards, Han Solo said "Great shot kid, that was one in a million!"
Quote by zeemonkey
I played it on several occasions at a famous Sam Ash store (nyc) where they were well cared for. I really liked the neck pickup and it definitely did not go out of tune on me.

when the guitar is new the trem works fine, after a while it wears out and by then its really horrible
I had one,
if you're anything like me,
you'll get sick of it after about a month.
The Trem is HORRIBLE.
For sale:
Schecter C1 Classic.
Schecter 007 Elite.
Randall G2 Head.
Crate 4x12 cab.
Line 6 POD XT.
Samson PG2200 power amp.
Thanks for the input so far guys.

I really don't fancy messing around with a tremolo all the time when I could be practicing so I think I'll look for a different guitar. Any ideas on good fixed bridge guitars for around £300-£350?
Quote by Jackamedmos
when the guitar is new the trem works fine, after a while it wears out and by then its really horrible

I'm not sure of the internal structure of the trem, but wouldn't you have to just buy a new knife edge?
Quote by Twist of fate
Once, I watched Star Wars episode 4. I timed myself so that I came right when the death star blew up.

The thing about trems and beginners is that the biggest complaint exists whether your a beginner or a pro. If you buy it now or 10 years from now, it won't be any easier to tune. If you know what you're getting into, there's no problem with trems.
Ibanez RG321EX, check it out, fixed bridge RG if you still want an ibanez.
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
If you find that the trem is too much to deal with, try a fixed RG such as the RG3ex1 (which has served me well).
Quote by Twist of fate