So my band is playing a Fightstar song called Colours Bleed To Red but there's a part in the song where Charlie Simpson sing a part going "Lets all go jump the bridge" and I'm not sure how he's singing it. Here is a link to the song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDqiRbW6UFc

Is he screaming it or is it some sorta vocal effect. I know Charlie has a rough voice anyways but I was just wondering. My voice is kinda rough but I would really like to know how Charlie is singing it.

Thanks
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
Some bands go over with a slightly distorted mic to add 'scream' effect or what not, some add delay and reverb to make the pitch better and so on, or he could be singing it in which case you jsut ahve to imitate until you get it right :P
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
30 seconds of fightstar owe my ears lol....:p

it sounds like its just his voice and a little reverb
Sounds like screaming to me.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."
-Frank Zappa

"Where words fail, music speaks."
-Hans Christian Andersen
I saw them play the song live but he didn't sing that part ¬¬
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Just kinda shouting, with a little tiny bit of distortion and some weird EQ on it, I reckon.
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
Oh yeah another question. While singing from your stomache area can you also use your throat a tiny but to make your vocals sound a bit rougher?

Quote by Tokai09
Oh yeah another question. While singing from your stomache area can you also use your throat a tiny but to make your vocals sound a bit rougher?
CAN you? Yes. Is it good for your voice? No.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by food1010
CAN you? Yes. Is it good for your voice? No.

Ok cool thanks.....better not try that then. Like I said my voice is already kinda rough so I don't really need to.