I want to build a three channel footswitch for my amp.
But I have no idea how to.
I know I have to use trs plugs and all that but I am not sure how the schematic will look.
Can anyone tell me how, or direct me somewhere that tells me how to make one?
Depends if its a simple on off circuit with a stereo trs cable or something that sends some kinda signal to the amp...

if its the first then it should be pretty simple.

I guess ud have. switch 1 as a broken circuit, switch 2 as a complete circuit on one ring of the trs and switch 3 as the other ring. something like that anyway
Where would the broken circuit be?
And would I use regular spst switches and just wire them back to the jack?
Sorry, I'm a noob. :/
What amp? If its 3 switches and 1 stereo tipped plug, then it could go: Tip to ground, ring to ground, and tip + ring to ground. The amp might need either momentary switches (it makes a connection when press then stops when unpressed) or latching switches (one press makes a connection until you press it again and then it unconnects the circuit)

I made one for my Vox amp with two latching switches and a stereo cable. What I did at first was took a stereo cable and stripped the ends then touched them together till my amp did stuff. lol. I'm not endorsing this as a way, but thats what I did. lol.
Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3
Last edited by GeToChKn at Jan 11, 2010,
Quote by teddy_baca
I want to build a three channel footswitch for my amp.
Might not have be able to help you if you said what amp you have.
Definitely can't help you because you didn't.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I have a crate GX1200.
It is suppose to have a 3 channel footswitch, and it uses a stereo cable for the jack.