When I mic my cab, the sound is really low. Could I hook the speaker out on the head (60 Watt Crate GX600) into my laptop in without blowing anything? thanks.
try bringing the mic further way from that cab
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
NO, you will blow things up. You need an interface with a proper preamp, then you'll get crystal clear, and loud, sound.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Ive just looked ur amp up and it should have a line out on it ? use that to connect it to ur computer
You can get a decent guitar line interface for $99, though. Then you just use amp modeling and it sounds way better.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
^ It's actually called the 'pod studio' series now if you search on musiciansfriend.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Heh, that reminds me of a story my old guitar teacher told me. He used to work at a music store and sold a guy a Marshall head. My teacher asked "Do you have a cab for this?". He said, "No, I don't need one". My teacher then asked again "Do you have a cab?". The guy once again said "No, I don't need a cab, I've got headphones". My teacher then said "Hey, you'll blow the amp that way and if you do, we can't return it". The guy then left the store.

A few days later, the guy came back into the store with what looked like a Marshall head that had been lit on fire and what looked to be burn marks on his head that appeared in the shape of headphones. The guy asked for his money back. My teacher laughed at him and told him to leave.

Though almost completely unrelated, thats why you don't run straight out the speaker output on an amp into your device.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
i think the best thing to do is to get the pod studio. it easy to use, really functional, and itll last. its one of the few things line 6 is good at. XD

also how do you like your gx600? im contemplating buying one. i found a good one (with the matching crate cab) for $250