Demon are a band from the UK that debuted in 1981 with their release "Night of the Demon". Everything about the band screamed METAL! The name, the song titles, the album covers. Alas, that's not quite the case. The type of music Demon played is a 70's type hard rock with touches of progressive rock and with some metal tendencies. It's a "missing link" between hard rock and the New Wave of British Heavy Metal that was emerging at the time.

This band probably belongs in the classic rock/rock forum, but the vast majority of this band's fanbase are metalheads. It's something that would be far more appreciated here. The band's had a plethora of releases with the first two, "Night of the Demon" and "The Unexpected Guest", being the most notable in my opinion. "Taking the World by Storm" is also a release worth checking out.

Night of the Demon

Don't Break the Circle

Commercial Dynamite
Last edited by \Powerslave/ at Jan 10, 2010,
My only problem with Demon, is that they always seem to make me want to listen to Satan, Stormwitch, Saracen and the like before I can get through an entire album.

They have immense charisma though, good listen, good stuff.

Slave my man the only people on these forums that can appreciate this really is me you and Kepulix.

And of course when Don't Break The Circle comes on I just have to put in Follow The Blind.

Resisting the urge though, I should go find my Demon CD I know I have somewhere around here...
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at Jan 10, 2010,
Quote by VampireGoldfish
My only problem with Demon, is that they always seem to make me want to listen to Satan, Stormwitch, Saracen and the like before I can get through an entire album.

They have immense charisma though, good listen, good stuff.

Slave my man the only people on these forums that can appreciate this really is me you and Kepulix.

And of course when Don't Break The Circle comes on I just have to put in Follow The Blind.

Resisting the urge though, I should go find my Demon CD I know I have somewhere around here...

I know that feeling. I don't think I've been able to finish Demon's debut all the way through without switching out to some other NWOBHM band. It's got so much punch in the beginning but side B kind of starts sucking. Still a great listen.

Don't Break the Circle is massive...no way to deny that. Love BG's cover of it too.

And you know, I'll always cling onto the hope someone might appreciate these bands like me too
Not really in the mood for this type of stuff at the moment, but I'm intrigued, so I'll give it a shot. Will report back with an opinion.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Awesome stuff, man. Loving it.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
Man I grew up on Demon. My dad had their tape Night of the Demon, really good stuff.
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
The Unexpected Quest is pure class......managed to see this band about a month ago, in Wales of all places....
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Now here's a band I've always meant to listen to, but somehow there has always been something that has put me off from getting anything by them
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Listened to some of Night of the Demon, going to listen to the Unexpected Guest before I pass any judgements.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
I really dig these guys, excellent music.
Can anyone tell me bands similar to them? They sound like Diamond Head to me.