I'm looking fo a USB-audio interface, to record voice, guitar and keyboard using midi.

So far I narrowed down my choice between the new Tascam US-122 mk2, or the M-Audio FastTrack Pro. They have (I think) the same features, exept the FastTrack has S/PDIF, but I don't think I will be using this.

Has anyone experience with one of these two (or both), or can tell me what's the better of the two?

thx
I've worked with the FastTrack Pro and love it just like most other M-Audio products.
I can't say I've worked with the Tascam or have owned one but I've not heard any complaints on it.

Between the two, I would go with the M-Audio brand, I just really trust them.
I'd check out Presonus, they have way more i/o for the same price, and better preamps.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
I'd check out Presonus, they have way more i/o for the same price, and better preamps.

I compared the specs of the presonus audiobox with the specs of the M-audio. Less gain, lower SNR and worse frequency response and THD.

For now, the fast track pro is winnning
i had a regular m-audio fast track usb but i couldn't get it to work properly so i sold it for half the price.

Went for a tascam us-144mkII and couldn't be happier except today that i saw there's no drivers, yet, for windows 7 64bit version.

Cheers
M-Audio. Their newer stuff is seriously coming up in quality.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf
M-Audio. Their newer stuff is seriously coming up in quality.

For the hardware-part, I think the fasttrack is better than the US122. But how's the software part of the fasttrack, is it stable and don't you have to reinstall it every five minutes?
Quote by riekes
For the hardware-part, I think the fasttrack is better than the US122. But how's the software part of the fasttrack, is it stable and don't you have to reinstall it every five minutes?

It depends on what software you want to use. You can use any software with the Fasttrack (Including Pro Tools if you want to get the M-Powered edition). Typically, any legally acquired software will work fine
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp