i have my american strat and every winter i see that the neck curves to a u-shape (when i look at the side when its lying on its back). i understand that this is most likely from the durastic chances in climate (i live in canada, hot summers, dry cold winters). ive noticed this happening the last couple years and ive assumed its the climate and to correct it ive had my guitar truss rod adjusted. its happening again and im just wondering if theres something else i should get done to my guitar to minimize the chances of this happening? or is it just an annual truss rod adjustment?
you can keep it in a case, with a mini humidifier.

you'll also want a meter reading of about 45%.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Jan 10, 2010,
Quote by jj1565

thanks. ive got this humidifier and hygrometer.
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Planet-Waves-Acoustic-Guitar-Humidifier-with-HTS-?sku=420981

i use it in my acoustic, it fits into the sound hole. do you think if i just put water into the humidifier and put it into my case with my guitar it will be good?
Last edited by greengerm1234 at Jan 10, 2010,
yeah it should. it's just a sponge.

just make sure the guitar is protected from any drips of course.

you put the meter in. if it's around 30% you add the sponge.

if it's 60% you add silica packets.

also, any adjustments are easy enough. if you ever need help there. click the green link in my sig. check out first post, then post any questions.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565

TTTTHHHHIIIIISSSSS!!!!!!

Humidity sucks.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray