Hi, I'm looking for new bands to get into, think White stripes, raconteurs, the whigs, the subways, the black lips (maybe), the pixies, the black keys, etc. I'm looking for more obscure bands but bands that still have readily available music (if possible). Also, preferably bands that are still around and still tour
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
The Dirtbombs, The Gories, The Soledad Brothers, The Monks, The Mooney Suzuki, The Datsuns, The Von Bondies, The Hives, The D4, The Vines, The Detroit Cobras, The Screws, The Hiss, Wolfmother, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, The Cribs, The Go, The Fuzztones, The Sonics, The Count Five, Hot Hot Heat, The Horrors (everything released pre Primary Colours), The Waxwings, The Cut In The Hill Hang, The See See, The Hentchmen, The Come Ons, Ko and The Knockouts, Mr Airplane Man, The Libertines, Babyshambles, Crocodiles, Jet, Kings Of Leon (first two albums), Help She Can't Swim, King Khan and The Shrines, King Khan + BBQ Show, MC5, Neils Children, early My Bloody Valentine, Ringo Deathstarr, The Beatings, The Kills, The Strokes, The Thrills, The Stooges, Vivian Girls, XX Teens, The Kinks, We The People, 13th Floor Elevators, The Seeds, 22-20s, The 5 6 7 8s, The Gruesomes, Hellacopters, Guitar Wolf.

All good shit.
Band of Skulls, Editors, Interpol, The Smiths, The Replacements, Velvet Underground, Lou Reed, Joy Division

Those bands RAWK.
Doomsday Arsenal - alternative/progressive
Fender '08 Am Std Strat w/ CS69s > MXR Classic 108 Fuzz > JH-1B Wah > MXR Dyna Comp > EHX Big Muff Pi > Maxon OD9 > MXR Phase 90 > Ibanez CS9 > MXR Carbon Copy > Boss TU-2 > Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Dinosaur Jr. is an awesome band that's obscure, has music readily available, and is still on tour.

Sebadoh, The Jesus and Mary Chain, and My Bloody Valentine are also some awesome bands, they're not really still on tour, but still worth checking out.
i just got into los saicos.

http://www.myspace.com/saicosperu

if you like black lips check them out.

I did

and look at me now

Im a changed man
Peter Frampton: "Homer Simpson wrecks my pig, Cypress Hill steals my orchestra.... and Sonic Youth is in my cooler! Get outta there you kids!"

Thurston Moore: "Come on Mr. Frampton... you're not gonna eat all that watermelon..."
I would say if you're into that if you're into The White Stripes check out Burning Condors. I saw them live and they amazed me, they seem to be touring a lot. Guitarist has really got a Jack White thing going on in his playing style.
Black Penny Remedy are cool too though they are a lot more Country.
Also the Soledad Brothers are amazing.
Stooges.
Quote by Kozlic
Music doesnt need to be quality to be good.

Press eject, give me the tape, if you know what's good for you
Quote by silverscreen
I would say if you're into that if you're into The White Stripes check out Burning Condors. I saw them live and they amazed me, they seem to be touring a lot. Guitarist has really got a Jack White thing going on in his playing style.
Black Penny Remedy are cool too though they are a lot more Country.
Also the Soledad Brothers are amazing.

+ 1 on Burning Condors. Got into them recently and they are the most exciting British band I've heard in a long time.
Quote by ze monsta
The Hives, Wolfmother, Jet, Kings Of Leon, MC5, The Strokes, The Stooges.

+1

Although I wouldn't call Wolfmother a garage rock/indie band. Also try the Black Keys.
Last edited by BMXRules99 at Jan 29, 2010,
Cage the Elephant... This band really rocks its got the white stripes mixed with some funky red hot chili peppers, with a lead singer of a voice I cannot describe. Not only that if your looking for a band that is still touring you NEED to see this band life, for real my friend it doesn't get better than these guys when it comes to a live preformance.