Why is he one of the most well known bassists ever, despite being in one of the worst bands on the planet, looking like a poser, and just overall being a jerk towards people. I mean more people know him than Mark Hoppus despite blink 182*mark's band) being far more well known than fall out boy. Not to mention various other bassists(The Flea, Justin Chancellor, Lemmy, you know, bass players who are actually good...).

Why is he famous? And for the heck of it, why is fall out boy famous? I understand the whole pop thing that's mainstream but even as a pop punk/ pop rock band they're so terrible.... so terrible...
Because he appeals to the kids. Sad but true.
Quote by CFH82
Ejaculate in MY moustache?!

Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.ಠ_ಠ
no but like... Lemmy for instance, he can be a douche cause hes a good bassist. same with justin chancellor, etc. as far as other famous people, they can still be douches cause they've done something with their lives. pete wentz on the other hand is just stupid, he can barely be considered a bassist and quite frankly i don't know more than mayb 5 people who actually enjoy fall out boy. i just think that considering he plays crappy bass for a crappy band, he should not have any fame whatsoever.
Steve Harris would eat that guy alive. He would then use Pete Wentz's blood on the next Iron Maiden album. Since Wentz isn't badass enough, Harris would decide not to use that cover and start from scratch.
Quote by Nirvana00125
no but like... Lemmy for instance, he can be a douche cause hes a good bassist. same with justin chancellor, etc. as far as other famous people, they can still be douches cause they've done something with their lives. pete wentz on the other hand is just stupid, he can barely be considered a bassist and quite frankly i don't know more than mayb 5 people who actually enjoy fall out boy. i just think that considering he plays crappy bass for a crappy band, he should not have any fame whatsoever.

you should re-evaluate your principals. Being famous is no excuse for being a douche.
Nikolas
Quote by RaveRock
Pop punk sells to high school kids.

there not punk! punk is cool, and not for homo/emo/goth/creeper kids.
Last edited by sol-sob-on-pcp at Jan 10, 2010,
Quote by Nirvana00125

His bass playing, while by no means hard, fits the song. He's a great bassist for the kind of music they write.
TS I understand that you have a right to your opinion, but so do I. And it is my opinion that you have no right to your opinion.

*reported*