is looking into a 6260 or 6262 head from Bugera. We are just good ol' Death Metal; which should he get, cause apparently he wants the 6260 since has more distortion (I think it's not noticable much) to the 6262 and is cheaper.. I'm urging him to get a 6262 unless he is right?? ANYWAYS! Which out of the two should he get?
Guitars:
Fender Telecaster: American Standard
Ibanez: RG370DX
Amps:
Engl Powerball 100w Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cab
Havent tried them, but from listening, either should have more than enough gain for anything really. If not, he could always boost it with something like a Metal Muff, which are pretty cheap.

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
i think the only difference is the 6260 has an impedance switch
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
I might be mistaken but I don't believe the 6260 has more gain. I'd get the 6262 just for the separate channel eq's. The 6260 shares one set of eq's for both channels.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
MetalGuitarest thank you! been trying to make him get an Engl but he "won't spend all that money on an amp head.." But yeah, alrighty, 6262 he shall get since it's just been said basically... thanks for helping prove my point everyone (so far!).
Guitars:
Amps:
Engl Powerball 100w Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cab
I have heard bad things about Bugera's quality control, and I quite like how Engl's sound. But my opinion doesnt count for too much.
And yes, the seperate EQ's is something I've been explaining to him about and he "finds no point in them" hahah? (He makes no sense ever since he's almost a amp-tard; not trying to be mean.)
Guitars:
Amps:
Engl Powerball 100w Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cab
No Dio10101, your opinion is good. Engl's are nice, and Bugera is bleh... Although the quality control isn't THAT bad.
Guitars:
Amps:
Engl Powerball 100w Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cab
Unless you have EL34's in your Powerball, get ready to be raped in the mix.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Hoestly, he could toss a coin.
Will he ever be using the clean channel? If not, the separate EQs is a non-issue.
The 6260 reportedly has SLIGHTLY more gain, both should have "enough" their quite high gain heads.
Bugera has a bad reputation MAINLY because of an inappropriate plastic connector inside the amp (issue has been resolved) and to a lesser extent due to either bad tubes, or bad bias settings (bias the tubes, don't use the Bugera directions).
I had questions about Bugera reliability, and through numerous channels, I found them to actually be quite reliable...RARE has any actually had TRUE damage...blown tubes...easy fix, burnt connector...easy fix. Anyone with working knowledge of these amps should have no serious problems even if the aforementioned issues arise.

My advice? Get the 6260, and buy some new tubes with the left over cash.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Well 6262 has a seperate EQ for each channel.

But since you guys are death metal I am guessing you will only be using one channel... so get the cheaper one. I'd say 6260. They are both pretty close.

But if he is using the clean/crunch channel and wants to have a different EQ for that then go for 6262
Quote by justinb904
I might be mistaken but I don't believe the 6260 has more gain. I'd get the 6262 just for the separate channel eq's. The 6260 shares one set of eq's for both channels.

This.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I dont know for sure but lots of people seem to say the 6260 has a tad bit more gain than the 6262, whether this is true i do not know. I think most people say this just because they are based on the 6505/5150 (6260) which has a tad bit more gain than the 6505+/5150II (6262). Whether this carries over for the 6260 and 6262 I dont know. Anyways all that really means is the 6260 gets a fizzy a little bit faster...lol no I'm just kidding, I got me a 6505+, and its got plenty of gain.

Anyways if he doesnt use a clean tone or doesnt care about it then he midas well just get a 6260.
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
He could buy the 1x12 version of the Peavey 6505+ for the same price as the 6260... which is what the 6262 is a copy of:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-6505-Plus-112-60W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=582106

They haven't been out long, so I haven't heard any issues with reliability yet, but I'd much rather trust Peavey than Bugera with my money, even if it has one less speaker
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
im really starting to fall for bugera atm...

as most others have said, if he only really cares for the distortion channel, get the 6260, but if hes gonna do alot of switching and wants a moreunique clean/distortion sound, get the 6262
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
Quote by no.mop
Unless you have EL34's in your Powerball, get ready to be raped in the mix.

too true
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
For once, MatrixClaw is wrong. I have the 6262 and it sounds just as good as or better than the 6505+ that it's based on... for half the price. Bugera has a fairly good 1 year warranty program, but I haven't had any problems yet. The reason for the bad reputation was a plastic clip inside the amp that would tend to melt. The issue has been fixed. Head over to the Bugera Users Militia thread... someone opened up the amp and posted pics. Everything is nicely soldered in place now.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
He ended up getting the 6260 anyways today after he got done work; and I have JJ's into my Powerball so I'm fine hahah
Guitars:
Amps:
Engl Powerball 100w Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cab
Quote by FrustratedRocka
I have the 6262 and it sounds just as good as or better than the 6505+ that it's based on...

I'm finding this extremely hard to believe.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Dr Hullabaloo
He ended up getting the 6260 anyways today after he got done work; and I have JJ's into my Powerball so I'm fine hahah

How do JJ's have anything do with this?
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by Yngwi3
I'm finding this extremely hard to believe.

actually, this has been the case for most who have tried both heads. If nothing else, the bugeras have better low end.

I got to play a 6260 today, and it was awesome! (plugged into my cab instead of the bugera cab...also used an effects loop noise suppressor so i could crank the volume a bit) I have played a 5150, and a 6505+ Both great amps, but the Bugera sounded even better to me..I GOTTA get my hands on a 333xl before I pop for a 6262 though. I just gotta hear one in person.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Quote by FrustratedRocka
For once, MatrixClaw is wrong. I have the 6262 and it sounds just as good as or better than the 6505+ that it's based on... for half the price

No where in my post did I say either was better sounding?

I just said the 6505 is more reliable, and that the 6505+ 112 costs the same as the 6260...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Jan 12, 2010,
Quote by Vinson
My advice? Get the 6260, and buy some new tubes with the left over cash.
^This

If he doesn't need to switch to the clean channel often, which I am guessing he doesn't, the money may be better placed in something like new tubes or an EQ.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Love my 6262. Why waste money on the peavey. Thats how i look at it.

Honestly i couldn't imagine needing more gain then the 6262 can shell out.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A