Hey guys, I currently have two 24-fret, 6-string, fixed-bridge guitars. I've been toying with the idea of some certain guitars lately and wanted to know what you guys think:

1 - The 7-String Option
Found an Ibanez RG 7620 (MIJ) for a decent price in the area. I've played 7-strings a bunch and have to admit that I like the extra low range. I do listen to some 7-string music (Nevermore, Unearth, Dream Theater) so I'd say it'd get use.

2 - The 27-Fret Option
I've been looking around at guitars like Caparisons, Hamer California, etc. that have 27 frets. I have never played one in person but I do a lot of fretwork above the 12th fret and I think it may come in handy for leads/solos.

3 - The Floating Trem Option
I have two fixed-bridge guitars so a third option would be something like an Ibanez RG 550. I like some shred/instrumental stuff like Vai, Satch, and so on, so I believe a trem would be a nice possibility as well.

Budget is not an issue. If you guys have some input about the three specific guitars I've listed (the Ibanez RG 7620/550, and the Hamer California 27-fret), that'd be great.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
you cant go wrong with the ibanezes ive played both upside down unfortunatley left handed not available and even then they were great to play
i have no experience with the others
The 7620 has a floating trem, and you could still use it for 6 string songs (with a little adjustment to your playing) so it gets my vote.
Although the 550 is still an excellent guitar
Quote by littlephil
The 7620 has a floating trem, and you could still use it for 6 string songs (with a little adjustment to your playing) so it gets my vote.
Although the 550 is still an excellent guitar

I agree with this guy because the instrument that you listed first is a 7 string like you said. It also fills the reason why you listed the 3rd instrument due to it's trem. So my theory is that you are knocking 2 out of the 3 things out with one instrument which ironically is the first guitar you bring up. Go with the 7 string for the unexpected familar versatility that you'll experience with it.
you needent adjust any playing techniques as the extra string a b, then the rest are standard..
Well I just heard back from the guy with the 7620 on Craigslist, and it's still up for sale. $400, which is a pretty good deal considering I saw one or two for $500+ on eBay. I'll give it a look in a few days - thanks for your opinions.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard