USA
7 7%
Communists
45 46%
Everybody loses: I'm a pacifist/I don't care
45 46%
Voters: 97.
Page 1 of 2
So, searchbar'd and nothing about vietnam.

On your perspective, who won the Vietnam War?
Personally I'm too young and naive to form a decent opinion. So I'll let the Pit say soemthing of its own.
Quote by Fiire
Personally I'm too young and naive to form a decent opinion.

Same goes to about half the Pit. Including me.
North Vietnam won IMO; The U.S. withdrew and they achieved their objective of capturing most major cities in South Vietnam.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
Quote by chaoticfables
Same goes to about half the Pit. Including me.

+me
+99.99% pit
+little ants caught in between the crossfire
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
wars been over for a long time.

who gives a ****?
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
Quote by goest
Never happened.

Yea, those Vietnam vets are really committed to the lie.

****in' fam guy.
Quote by TheTortured

who gives a ****?

The Roman Empire fell down around 1000 yeas ago and people still study them.
the commies won cuz our country is retarded when it comes to war. with all of our rules...like we cant fire, unless first fired upon. plus we kinda pansied out and left. we had no reason to be there. i mean, we wanted to stop the spread of communism. but it wasnt out business to be there. wasnt our problem. we shouldnt have done anything until they involved us.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by TheTortured

who gives a ****?

well let's see... people like you are the reasons we still have war today. never learn our lessons because "it happnd a long time ago and wont ever happen again dur dur dur"
Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by Demon Wolf
I got a similar thing from playing too much Pokemon.

Magikarpal tunnel.
The Americans won, didn't you watch The Watchmen?
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by theboots
The Americans won, didn't you read The Watchmen?

Fix'd
Quote by denfilade
But you're aware there is a movie, as well, though?

Book was 10 times better.
Quote by theboots
The Americans won, didn't you read Watchmen?

fix'd more. Also, to add my two cents, the US sure as hell didn't win the Vietnam war.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Yeah, who reads?
:P
Sorry, Im really not that ignorant
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.
-Jim Morrison
Adolf Hitler won the war.
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Anyone thinking the US won the Vietnam War needs to go back and read some more about it. A spectacular failure, it was.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Demon Wolf
Anyone thinking the US won the Vietnam War needs to go back and read some more about it. A spectacular failure, it was.

Well said my friend, well said.
No one won. A fine example of the quagmires of war, the fact that every conflict does not have a winner, the consequences of poor strategy, and more. An enormous lesson to mankind at the price of many thousands of lives
My God, it's full of stars!
Technically, we are still at war because no hand of friendship was extended from either side. But tactically speaking, the US lost the war.
It was a tie.
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
Quote by Vezdehod
Technically, we are still at war because no hand of friendship was extended from either side. But tactically speaking, the US lost the war.

The 1975 Paris accords ended our involvement in Vietnam

The US and Vietnam re-established diplomatic ties in 1995.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Last edited by Jackal58 at Jan 10, 2010,
The argument is stupid. The communists accomplished their mission, Vietnam is a Communist country, America's mission was to prevent that. America won on the battle field but lost in the hearts and minds of the American people.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
It was a useless effort to begin with, IMO.

The ENTIRE conflict was based around America not wanting Communism to spread farther than it already had. We just HAD to stop Communism at all costs. So, we occupied South Vietnam to stop Charlie Red from crossing over into the weaker south (weaker in terms of armies, etc. since the NVA was funded by Russia).

There is no "winner" or "loser". It was all just a question of how long we were planning on staying, and pumping money and resources into the war, just to stop a form of government spread across borders.

So many lives lost for such petty and ridiculous reasons.

The Vietnam War was just useless.

[/rant]
Quote by tayroar
The argument is stupid. The communists accomplished their mission, Vietnam is a Communist country, America's mission was to prevent that. America won on the battle field but lost in the hearts and minds of the American people.

Hardly.

We never even crossed into North Vietnam. Yes, I know that wasn't the mission at hand wasn't to destroy North Vietnam, but we would have at least wanted to cross over the borders like the NVA had been doing for the past decade and some change.

The NVA had the jungle to their advantage, and we had very few tactical victories over them.

We had massive bombing runs, good artillery, superior air support (in terms of fighters, etc.), and that was about it. Out ground combat was terrible, simply because it was a force mainly consisting of drafted men who had no idea how to survive jungle combat.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Last edited by fallenangel20 at Jan 10, 2010,
Clear victory for North Vietnam and the Viet Cong. I don't see how anyone could claim that the US didn't lose there.
The Communists fat cats won and are now sitting on their money while the people in the countryside starve and try to scratch a living for themselves. The cities are alright, but they're still very poor. But the people in power have a vice grip on the economy and all the money pretty much belongs to them.

Quote by fallenangel20
It was a useless effort to begin with, IMO.

The ENTIRE conflict was based around America not wanting Communism to spread farther than it already had. We just HAD to stop Communism at all costs. So, we occupied South Vietnam to stop Charlie Red from crossing over into the weaker south (weaker in terms of armies, etc. since the NVA was funded by Russia).

There is no "winner" or "loser". It was all just a question of how long we were planning on staying, and pumping money and resources into the war, just to stop a form of government spread across borders.

So many lives lost for such petty and ridiculous reasons.

The Vietnam War was just useless.

[/rant]

Also this.
America did very little to help. My grandfather was trained to use an M16 and was issued a surplus bolt action rifle from WW2. The tactical and strategic paths that america chose were idiotic at best. Fighting on an open field and fighting in a jungle is very different. Soldiers led by Generals who fought in WW2 were basically led to death, as the Viet Cong knew their jungles better than anyone. It was their home and their turf, so to speak. They knew how to fight in there, because they have BEEN fighting in there for over 2000 years against foreign oppression.
America also lost because no one in the states wanted to fight anymore, but the Viet Cong, the NVA and the ARVN all would have proudly died to fight and defend their home and their cause. They fought because they wanted to, not because they were forced to. You can't pit an army of draftees against an army of die hards clinging onto their beliefs and expect not to lose many lives.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Last edited by Slaytanic6606 at Jan 10, 2010,
Quote by Slaytanic6606
The Communists fat cats won and are now sitting on their money while the people in the countryside starve and try to scratch a living for themselves. The cities are alright, but they're still very poor. But the people in power have a vice grip on the economy and all the money pretty much belongs to them.

Or so my crandpa says.

Fix'd
I voted communists. We went in used up our resources and hundreds of thousands lives were lost. On top of it all we didn't stop the spread of communism. We lost, most American's don't want to admit we lost is all.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Last edited by Fenderhippie69 at Jan 10, 2010,
Page 1 of 2