Hey guys (I'm new here), I have a Gibson SG Special (It’s the cheaper version) and it feed backs at higher volumes with even the slightest amount of distortion. And its the REAL bad feedback which renders the guitar virtually useless for gigging and jamming purposes. What are my options in your opinions? Should I try to get Gibson to replace them or is this common for that guitar (haven't seen anything like it on the internet)? Or should I get new pickups all together? Or get a noise suppressor? Any input is appreciated.
before you know if your pups are microphonic, you'll need to rule out the amp, and amp cable.

if you've done that, then, you might need to repot the pups, or swap them out.

you can also select either pup, make sure it's feeding back on both.

and in this case, a pedal would be similar to a band aid.

(of course, just to add. you'll feed back less if the amp is pointed away from and is far from, the guitar. but even still, it shouldnt be as bad as you said.)
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Jan 11, 2010,
I'm not sure if it feeds back on both, but I've tried turning the amp backwards and played several feet away and the feedback is still unbearable. What do you mean by the band aid metaphor haha? Would it be a good enough fix to spend the money on? Or should I go for new pick ups?
no a pedal is not a real fix. it probably wont work, as there is a real underlying problem that needs to be resolved first.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011