Hey!

Ok so, the screw on the "INPUT" jack on my amp (marshall mg30fx) came loose, and now the actual thing is inside the amplifier!

can it easily be fixed? i dont want to have to take the amplifier apart because that may make it more complicated.
My Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Jackson King V KVX10
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Marshall Mg30FX
Take your cable and stick it in there, then pull the jack out and screw the bolt on. It should work.
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

I'm afraid the only way to fix it is to take the amp apart to retrieve the screw. Putting it back together shouldn't be all that hard.

And just to give you a heads up, MGs are vastly hated amps here on UG, so watch out for people who will flame you for owning that amp (I'm not a flamer though).
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Last edited by rocknrolldude43 at Jan 10, 2010,
Only bandwagoners flame in cases like this, mate. Smart people will tell potential buyers to stay away.

And it's not a screw, it's a nut . How the hell did the OUTSIDE nut end up INSIDE the amp?
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
You will have to open it up to fix it probably. With that said, should be an easy fix. Just take off the back panel of the amplifier and take the electronics out, you should then see the jack. You can probably solder or glue it back into place and put everything back in. Just don't touch any capacitors...or any of the electronics just to be safe.

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 w/Marshall 1960A
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Cort G290
Maxon ROD881
Boss GE-7
Crybaby Classic
BOSS FL-3
Marshall MG100DFX
Quote by stratman_13
Only bandwagoners flame in cases like this, mate. Smart people will tell potential buyers to stay away.

And it's not a screw, it's a nut . How the hell did the OUTSIDE nut end up INSIDE the amp?

Sorry didn't realize that. I agree with you now though.

He might be talking about the jack, maybe.
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Last edited by rocknrolldude43 at Jan 10, 2010,
Quote by driggsi424
You will have to open it up to fix it probably. With that said, should be an easy fix. Just take off the back panel of the amplifier and take the electronics out, you should then see the jack. You can probably solder or glue it back into place and put everything back in. Just don't touch any capacitors...or any of the electronics just to be safe.

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Cort G290
Maxon ROD881
Boss GE-7
Crybaby Classic
BOSS FL-3
Marshall MG100DFX

You know you can go to the control panel and set up a signature so you don't have to type that every time you post, right?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by driggsi424

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Cort G290
Maxon ROD881
Boss GE-7
Crybaby Classic
BOSS FL-3
Marshall MG100DFX

Why do you type your gear after your posts?

EDIT: Dammit! Beaten to it!
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
i mean like, not the screw, but the actual piece fell inside it and i cant pull it out
My Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Jackson King V KVX10
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Marshall Mg30FX
You're going to have to pull it apart I'm afraid.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by PanteraFan726
i mean like, not the screw, but the actual piece fell inside it and i cant pull it out

Oh. Well, yeah. You'll have to take it apart. Shouldn't be too difficult in all honesty.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by Sid McCall
You know you can go to the control panel and set up a signature so you don't have to type that every time you post, right?

ROFL I was wondering the same.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera