Alright so I'll soon be getting a bugera 6260 combo (and damn i am stoked ) but being a 120 watt tube amp I know I'm not going to be able to crank it to get that power tube saturation unless I'm using an attentuator with it, I was looking at power attentuators and I came across this one:

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/ElectroHarmonix-Nano-Signal-Pad-Attenuator-Guitar-Effects-Pedal?sku=501647

It seems good, but the description has me a little confused, basically what this thing would do is I would crank the amp up to the saturation point, then press this thing in and set it to a lower volume and it would put the sound at a more household volume without taking away that power tube saturation that I want, is this what it'll do? or will it do something else?

thanks
Quote by Ikey
im no fred flintstone but i can sure make the bed rock

MY GEAR!

Epiphone Futura Custom EX
Randall RG75DG3 Combo Amp
MXR 10-Band EQ
Oscar Schmidt OG10CEN

howya doin
no no no no no no no no. THAT is NOT an attenuator. that would fry your head if you plugged it into that.

look into Weber's attanuators. best priced and best performing, IMO.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Jan 10, 2010,
From what I read it says its basically just alternating your amps volume..
So clicking the pedal on quiets your amp and clicking it off bring it back to the level its set at.
So no, its not what your looking for.
Atleast thats the way I read it..
My gear so far:

-Cort KX5 (pearl white)
-Crybaby Wah
-Danelectro Cool Cat
-Fender Twin Reverb 65' Reissue
-Hardwire TL2
Quote by Rockerdude22
So clicking the pedal on quiets your amp and clicking it off bring it back to the level its set at.

It's like a volume pedal but instead of being controlled with the footcontroller, it's got the pot in a standard box.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Why on Earth would you want power tube saturation out of a Bugera 6260? I imagine it wouldn't sound very good to begin with, much less at bedroom volumes... those amps are made for high gain on their own, and power tube saturation is not desirable for most types of metal (excluding doom, stoner and sludge).

For attenuation to sound best, the most it will do is take the edge off.

The tube amp's sweet spot is usually not full power tube saturation, which is what it sounds like you're describing. It's a mix of preamp and power tube distortion (which is actually mostly the phase inverter) which I'd imagine would be around half way on the volume knob for this amp (which is still quite loud, much louder than bedroom volumes...)

If you want it to be quieter and work better than an attenuator, I'd recommend looking into a re-amping rig.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Jan 10, 2010,
Quote by Rockerdude22

Yep, its essentially rolling back the volume on your guitar, but to a set point by turning it on. Its similar to the Homebrew Electronics Paul Gilbert Detox EQ.
Quote by Raijouta
Why on Earth would you want power tube saturation out of a Bugera 6260? I imagine it wouldn't sound very good to begin with, much less at bedroom volumes... those amps are made for high gain on their own, and power tube saturation is not desirable for most types of metal (excluding doom, stoner and sludge).

^^This. Your gain will come from the preamp side. Not the power amp side of things.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
ahh alright apparently i didnt really know what i was talking about haha
Quote by Ikey
im no fred flintstone but i can sure make the bed rock

MY GEAR!

Epiphone Futura Custom EX
Randall RG75DG3 Combo Amp
MXR 10-Band EQ
Oscar Schmidt OG10CEN

howya doin
Quote by Raijouta

This guy knows what he's talking about, I suggest you listen.
I still fail to understand why we see so many of these threads.

Do people think Weber and THD charge upwards of $200 and make their units gigantic just because they want to?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.