I love 'em. I can't help it. My number one guitar cost me roughly $100. I guess it's the Jack White fan in me. Can anyone point me in the direction of some company's like Davison and Xaviere that make decent cheap guitars?
Quote by enselmis
Squire... lol.

Maybe give Austin a try.

+1 to austin, ive played some pretty good cheap austins.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Well I can only recommend you the Baltimore guitars, you can check my profile and see one of my guitars, It has an Ibanez like body with a really neat pickguard. The overall feel of the guitar is great, and it sounds great too, the cleans sounds are great as well as the distorted ones. The neck a bit phat but its comfortable too. It's a bit heavy on the downside but not so much, still is a really good buy, and I got it for 240 with a 10w amp, gig bag and cable. You should check it out if you can.
I watched "It Might Get Loud" the other day. Made me want some old cheap guitars, haha. Never tried em, but maybe a Dan Electro?
Import reverends can be pretty cool.

If you hunt around, you can find old US Kramers - even the good stuff like Stagemasters - dirt cheap. Those were top of the line guitars at one point. Ditto old Hamer superstrats.

Various Danelectrics are fun. I like the baritones.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Vintage Guitars (the brand, not actual vintage guitars Though you can get some no-name guitars from the 60s on ebay quite cheap )
Axl Guitars (I don't know the overall quality of these, I only played two of 'em, both the same model in different colours, but they were both good)
And definately Danelectro.
One word: Craigslist.

The key to lowballing people on Craigslist is to say "I'm not trying to lowball you, but (insert dollar amount here) is all I have and I figured it couldn't hurt to at least ask. If this works for you let me know when and where I can come pick it up. If not, thanks anyway."

The two key parts to this strategy is that number one, you ARE actually lowballing them, and two, the words "let me know when and where I can pick it up" motivates the seller to take a low offer since they can sell the item right away.

Works for me just about every time.

Another alternative is to just rob somebody.
On another forum I frequent, they play a game of searching ebay for guitars under £50. Its amazing what turns up.but you have to know your brands a bit.
I know a lad who picked up an unheard of brand solid for £85. When he researched it, he found it was one of about 70 made in UK by a world famous luthier. He did the required repairs to the body and will probably let it go for a five figure sum.
B****rd!
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

A friend of mine bought the Agile Les Paul-copy in Silverburst. He's going to drop a JB copy in it from Guitarfetish.

Let me tell you, this thing sounds so ****ing wicked.

Another friend purchased a 59 Les Paul Gold top for about 2300, lefty, and I must say, I think the Agile is better overall. It's cheap, easy, I can't heap enough praise on this.

The only thing I saw wrong was a messed up placement of one of the volume knobs. But really, aesthetic mistakes mean nothing.

There are probably cons, but since I don't own it, I couldn't give you any off hand.
Quote by Cobrevolution
A friend of mine bought the Agile Les Paul-copy in Silverburst. He's going to drop a JB copy in it from Guitarfetish.

Let me tell you, this thing sounds so ****ing wicked.

Another friend purchased a 59 Les Paul Gold top for about 2300, lefty, and I must say, I think the Agile is better overall. It's cheap, easy, I can't heap enough praise on this.

The only thing I saw wrong was a messed up placement of one of the volume knobs. But really, aesthetic mistakes mean nothing.

There are probably cons, but since I don't own it, I couldn't give you any off hand.

This Might not even be a mess up, other than the horn being slightly different shape Agile guitars are very identical to gibson and I'm pretty sure a while back had a lawsuit going. This might be one of the tradeoffs of not buying a true gibson but in my opinion those al-3 or 3100's are very comparable to gibson as far as quality goes.
Gear
Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey Windsor head

Custom Ibanez RG
ESP EC-1000
+1 for rondomusic.com

If I didn't live in europe, I'd have gotten me either a 150$ Douglas WT-460 (the offset V) or a Douglas superstrat-like with neck through, Floyd Rose and stuff (the red one for 200$).

Greetings
3-R4Z0R
I used to collected mostly Gibsons during the 80s I loved them and still do but today with great guitars coming from Asia for a fraction of the price you don't need to spend 1000s of dollars for a guitar these days. Asian craftsmen/workers are some of the best in the world they take pride in their work and for about $1.00 an hour. Unlike a disgruntled worker here in the US who thinks he's not making enough money at $25.00 an hour, hates his job and doesn't do good work because of it. People love to say these Asian guitars are not built well but I don't see it. Sure there are a few really cheap guitars that sell for well under $100.00 new those are what they are but I have played some guitars that are truly amazing for a fraction of the cost of a Gibson, Fender or any high end guitar. I have a mix of high end and low end guitars and try use all of my guitars to gig that most people would never consider using on stage because they are not a big brand names but these guitars perform very well. I'll get a lot of guys asking me why don't you play a Gibson Les Paul. I ask "did I sound bad" Them "Well, No" Then I reply "what's the hells difference then" Most usually just shrug and walk away.

Craig's list is the best. I find a lot of guitars there cheap even Gibsons and Fenders. With this economy people have to sell stuff for a lot less because buyers just don't have big bucks to spend. I have paid $100.00 for several guitars that sold new for well over $500.00. I have gotten Gibsons for as low as $350.00 and no more than $900.00. Of course the asking prices were much higher but cash talks and when the seller is desperate to pay their rent or make a car payment you have the upper hand.

Most people you'll see putting down inexpensive guitars are people who paid 1000s for theirs and will never admit you have a guitar that is just as good or better. I know guys who won't even try a guitar that is priced less than $1000.00 because those are not as good enough and that is just bullsh*t.

John