OK, currently, I'm running a Peavey 412M with the schefield speakers in it.
I don't like the speakers breaking up at volume (I prefer to stick with just amp distortion)
I like the tone of the schefields...though the mids are a touch bright.

I could be running upwards of a 120w tube amp...but VERY unlikely at anything near full throttle (My Genz Benz 60w can distort the speakers at anything over 4 on the master volume)

Anyone will experience with the Schefield/Peavey speakers/cab?
Now, I'm better I'll hear about the Celestion v30 speakers....if so, please let me know what changes in tone I might expect.

BTW, I play mostly metal...old metallica through Static-X, but nothing death brootal...basically nothing below a drop C tuning if that helps any.

Thanx 1,000,000
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
V30 + G12H30 is getting lots of good reviews. Personally I'm a huge fan of the Eminence Wizards.

If you're on a budget you could always grab some Warehouseguitarspeakers.com speakers. They're Celestion clones and quite affordable.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Any impressions on the Eminence "Man o War" speakers? They seem to have a frequency response similar to the vintage 30s.

And at 120w handling each, premature breakup shouldn't be a huge issue.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Can't comment on the Man-o-Wars, but I will second Warehouse guitar speakers as a great option for new speakers. They're fantastic, and cheap to boot. If you go that route, try their Vintage 30 clones (Veteran 30), or mix those w/their Reaper 50 speakers.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff