so ive been on lead guitar for 2 years, and am going to rhythm in a new band. just out of curiousity, is rhythm mostly bar chords and break downs for me on rhythm?
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
Peavey Classic 50 power amp
GK Neo 4x10
Quote by paintballcrazy7
so ive been on lead guitar for 2 years, and am going to rhythm in a new band. just out of curiousity, is rhythm mostly bar chords and break downs for me on rhythm?

It varies from band to band. For instance Metallica uses a lot of basic power chords, while Megadeth uses more experimental rhythms.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by Junior#1
It varies from band to band. For instance Metallica uses a lot of basic power chords, while Megadeth uses more experimental rhythms.

he asked for metalcore bands not heavy metal
Quote by Stretch_Wilson

The title says Hardcore/Metal. So learn to read before you put other people down.

The best thing you can do for your rhythm is to listen to the bands that you like and analyse their rhythms. Look out for things like the chords they use, duration, dynamics, palm muting, downpicking etc. Use the metronome all the time.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by Stretch_Wilson

I just used them as an example of how bands in the same genre have different styles.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Lol stamina is key , such a true statement. Alot of hostility , everyone so quick to be self righteous.
chugga chuggaaaaa
And when i can wake up to see the sunrise in your eyes then we'll finally be free and i'll know ive made it home. . . .- DArkest HOuR