Just a quick question, sprung from an earlier thread (which I'm still seeking answers on), is it possible to run a Bass DI straight into a cab and have it work this way? Like any cab and a SansAmp DI... thanks!
Main Bass Rig:
Bass:
Dean Edge Q6 - 6 String with Active EMG-HZs

Amp:
Fender BXR 300C - 300 Watt combo

Pedals:
Boss GEB Bass Equalizer
Electro-Harmonix Bass Big Muff Pi
MXR Bass Envelope Filter
Tech 21 SansAmp Bass Driver DI
no power is oging to the cab so no.

using the sansamp DI as your preamp is great fallback when your in a pinch but all in all its tone is not that great to live with as your "main sound"
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
As already said, that D.I. box isn't going to generate anywhere near the amount of power necessary to drive even one speaker. It will only boost your instrument's signal to line level. If you want to drive a cabinet, then you absolutely need a real amplifier.
Ok, thanks. Just wondering because I'm not going to have enough for a head and a cab soon so I just wanted to know.
Main Bass Rig:
Bass:

Amp:

Pedals:
Boss GEB Bass Equalizer
MXR Bass Envelope Filter
that is a powered cab without preamp^
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
I use Remote Desktop and run my downloading crap that way on a old slow power miser PC just like you are doing except that mine is a Duron 750 and 768MB of PC-133. Windows XP Pro has the remote desktop host built in, Vista needs to be Business or Ultimate before it has RD Host.

It just sits on the floor doing its thing and I connect with Remote Desktop and run the programs when needed. No special ways of installing things needed.. just run the same apps that you would normally run on your main rig.

You mention saving power though, it's not going to be much, in fact you will probably spend more on the hardware then you could ever save on energy. But the convenience is where it's at and will make a difference.

Onboard NIC vs PCI one. It's not going to make any difference if you go from a onboard Realtek NIC to a Realtek based one sitting on a PCI card. If you do go an purchase add on NIC, make sure its a good one. I like the Intel ones myself. The old 3Com Parrallel Tasking NIC's were pretty awesome too. I have heard that cheap cheap NIC's can't hand the concurrent connections that you might see with torrenting, but if you are running a crap router like a WRT, that will be your limiting factor long before a NIC will be.
==========
Helichrysum Oil
Kennewick Med Spa
You could probably pick up a cheap pa power amp for around £200, I suggest you look into that.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
A powered cab will work, I used to run a Line6 Bass PODXT into a powered PA speaker. Sounded nice, but I sold it to get a proper ampllifier.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Yea, I actually decided that I won't really have this problem, since I'm going to be getting the cab and head at the same time, I just thought originally I was going to get the cab first
Main Bass Rig:
Bass:

Amp:

Pedals:
Boss GEB Bass Equalizer
MXR Bass Envelope Filter
Quote by pinky33
I use Remote Desktop and run my downloading crap that way on a old slow power miser PC just like you are doing except that mine is a Duron 750 and 768MB of PC-133. Windows XP Pro has the remote desktop host built in, Vista needs to be Business or Ultimate before it has RD Host.

It just sits on the floor doing its thing and I connect with Remote Desktop and run the programs when needed. No special ways of installing things needed.. just run the same apps that you would normally run on your main rig.

You mention saving power though, it's not going to be much, in fact you will probably spend more on the hardware then you could ever save on energy. But the convenience is where it's at and will make a difference.

Onboard NIC vs PCI one. It's not going to make any difference if you go from a onboard Realtek NIC to a Realtek based one sitting on a PCI card. If you do go an purchase add on NIC, make sure its a good one. I like the Intel ones myself. The old 3Com Parrallel Tasking NIC's were pretty awesome too. I have heard that cheap cheap NIC's can't hand the concurrent connections that you might see with torrenting, but if you are running a crap router like a WRT, that will be your limiting factor long before a NIC will be.

What?

EDIT - sorry, I see he was banned...