its called running helpless on my profile. recorded it about 2 years ago but it isnt completely finished. my buddy did the vocals and i did most most of the music except some guitar. It is an easy riff and melody but I was wondering if i should finish it or not even waste my time. let me know all critisizm is welcome
Prestige Ibanez Rg1527rb
Epiphone Les Paul w dimarzio evo.
ltd H -50
Digitech DF-7
dod EQ
Randall WarHead
Crate td50c
id cerealsy eat that for breakfast

i believe that the vocals should be louder and give off more energy. and the riffs need some dynamics too them and something a bit faster if you can later on.
Not bad. It kind of sounds sabbath-ish, but with a metal tone instead of fuzz. There were some flaws, like the random noises popping up in certain places and hum, but it sounded pretty decent. I like the vocals, they sound laid back, as if high. The clean break towards the end was great. It's not a bad song, but it feels incomplete somehow but I guess you did say its unfinished. Get a fuzz, stoner rock doesn't sound right with a scooped, tight metal tone. It's not bad, it just doesn't fit the context. Good song, it will sound great when you work on it more.

c4c?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1258848
Pretty good.. ill be smoking to that later

Guitar needs more bass and more fuzz... but still sounds good
thanx. my buddy is more of a classic rock kinda player where as i play mostly metal. we just wanted to see if we could work on something together. also i ripped it off an old scratched cd which is why it has pops and junk.
Prestige Ibanez Rg1527rb
ltd H -50
Digitech DF-7
dod EQ
Randall WarHead
Crate td50c
quoting v2a2n2g2 above lol
Prestige Ibanez Rg1527rb
ltd H -50
Digitech DF-7
dod EQ
Randall WarHead
Crate td50c
oh I see lol I still think it's cool song though, definitely has potential
Quote by v2a2n2g2
oh I see lol I still think it's cool song though, definitely has potential

thanx. for a while i didnt like it my self just because of the simplicity of the guitar. im thinking about redoing the solo and maybe puting more heavy parts in it?
Prestige Ibanez Rg1527rb
ltd H -50
Digitech DF-7
dod EQ
Randall WarHead
Crate td50c
idk I was thinking more along the lines of Electric Wizard where you could put an extremely slow lethargic doomy breakdown right in the middle of the song. Solos should be kept to a minimum cause this is stoner lol.
Quote by v2a2n2g2
idk I was thinking more along the lines of Electric Wizard where you could put an extremely slow lethargic doomy breakdown right in the middle of the song. Solos should be kept to a minimum cause this is stoner lol.

yea you are rite. i just wanted to put some more technicality in it to show that i can play more than power chords.lol but i will definitley beef it up. actually we did plan to put a heavy breakdown in it but that was about 2 years ago.
Prestige Ibanez Rg1527rb
ltd H -50
Digitech DF-7
dod EQ
Randall WarHead
Crate td50c
Quote by v2a2n2g2

Electric wizard has solos....

But yeah I say more fuzz, more chords (for heavier sound), and a bit slower.

And if your gonna do a solo do it with like a phaser pedal or a wah....but keep it chill
Quote by bobthebum16
Electric wizard has solos....

But yeah I say more fuzz, more chords (for heavier sound), and a bit slower.

And if your gonna do a solo do it with like a phaser pedal or a wah....but keep it chill

never really used much fuzz except one song and it was actually a really doomy song. as for solos, i dont really plan on doing any thing like fast. A fast solo just wouldnt work for this because i have tried it before until settling on the short solo it has now that is extremely mellow and simple as is the rest of the song. Im not much for effects usually but i do have some that I like one includes a phaser. I didnt plan this song to be as doomy as it is when i made it so i think i strayed from that idea. Maybe thats the direction I should go with this song then
Prestige Ibanez Rg1527rb
ltd H -50
Digitech DF-7
dod EQ
Randall WarHead
Crate td50c
Quote by krustshred
never really used much fuzz except one song and it was actually a really doomy song. as for solos, i dont really plan on doing any thing like fast. A fast solo just wouldnt work for this because i have tried it before until settling on the short solo it has now that is extremely mellow and simple as is the rest of the song. Im not much for effects usually but i do have some that I like one includes a phaser. I didnt plan this song to be as doomy as it is when i made it so i think i strayed from that idea. Maybe thats the direction I should go with this song then

Yeah i meant chill as in a nice relaxing solo... maybe some delay with it