otherwise easy songs with one part that you can never nail perfectly

Page 1 of 2
forgive me if this has already been done, i looked around but couldnt find it.

for me, its Heaven Beside You. the whole song is very easy, none of the changes are too hard, except for the distorted part after the chorus, when Cantrell sings "so theres problems in your life...". the part where it moves the major third up chromatically, and you have to keep hitting both the open and fretted g. i like to think ive read through hard songs, charlie parker heads and a bit of classical, but that part gets me every time.

what are some others?
Laid to Rest by Lamb of God. I can play the whole song until the end, where you need to stretch from 1 on the d string to 5 on the E. My hands aren't big enough to play it the way they do so it doesn't sound right and is 100x harder than planting your fingers.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by dustyboy316
Laid to Rest by Lamb of God. I can play the whole song until the end, where you need to stretch from 1 on the d string to 5 on the E. My hands aren't big enough to play it the way they do so it doesn't sound right and is 100x harder than planting your fingers.

Talk about a coincidence i just learned that song last week on bass, that part took me forever and still trips me a bit.
Quote by andy_thomas
Were you by any chance, exposing your scrotum to an open flame?
Quote by dustyboy316

Use your nose to hold down the 5th fret. Problem solved.
Quote by Imalius
Talk about a coincidence i just learned that song last week on bass, that part took me forever and still trips me a bit.

Yah the rest of the song isn't too bad. I tend to miss a few pinch harmonics on the second riff in the second.
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Scarafied - Paul Gilbert/Racer X
Gives me no trouble until the unison guitar/bass tapping part, never get it right
Quote by awesomo41894
Gives me no trouble until the unison guitar/bass tapping part, never get it right

That part is a bitch.
Quote by Radman_Paiza
Use your nose to hold down the 5th fret. Problem solved.

Hmm, I'll have to try it out
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

21st Century Schizoid Man (King Crimson)...that run kills me. Even the rest of that part I can nail, just that Gm run...and yes, I knew the song (long) before the new Guitar Band Rock Hero came out with that on there.
Quote by catursly
the quick repitition part in the middle of the stairway to heaven solo.

been pissing me of since primary school

Sextuplets in the key of A with your metronome. Git.
Not saying it's easy, I'm saying it'll tighten up your playing and make you sound cleaner.
I mean, nigga wat?
Quote by dustyboy316

Why dont you just play the Eb on the A string, 6th fret? Its just a tritone.
RIG
Guitars:
Fender American Strat
Carvin Bolt
Aria Fa 71
Epiphone Les Paul
Yamaha FG700S

Amps:
Hughes and Kettner Trilogy Half Stack
Marshall MG *hides*

Pedals:
Dunlop Crybaby
Honestly, Smells Like Teen Spirit. I get so sick of playing the same thing over and over again that I forget about the chorus and **** it up. Pain in the ass.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Angel of Death. Even though it's just string wailing, I can't get the solo down. Actually, I think it's because it's merely random string wailing, thus making it impossible for me to figure out how to play it.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
The pinched harmonic climb down after the Cowboys From Hell solo by Pantera, i can never get that. Other than that the song was pretty easy to earn.

Another song by Pantera is Cemetery Gates, there is a little legato run, where every tab i see is make you tap it, but in the videos i have seen Dime play he never taps. So try to play like that, i dont think im get it to sound as smooth...

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Quote by maximumrocker
The pinched harmonic climb down after the Cowboys From Hell solo by Pantera, i can never get that. Other than that the song was pretty easy to earn.

Another song by Pantera is Cemetery Gates, there is a little legato run, where every tab i see is make you tap it, but in the videos i have seen Dime play he never taps. So try to play like that, i dont think im get it to sound as smooth...

I think he uses his pinky for those extended runs, and as for the harmonic, try hitting the node point exactly the opposite of the fretted note. Experiment and jam with the recording till it sounds right.
Get You Back. Not TOO easy, but easy enough to be half-played. Annoys the sh*t out of me.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Quote by awesomo41894

I call bullshit on this. That tapping lick is probably the easiest lick in the entire song

Edit: Unless you're talking about the bass part.
PM me for newts
Last edited by StewieSwan at Jan 11, 2010,
Quote by ieatu
I think he uses his pinky for those extended runs, and as for the harmonic, try hitting the node point exactly the opposite of the fretted note. Experiment and jam with the recording till it sounds right.

Yea, he does use his pinky, but i got to work some of my pull-off skills...

and i have been experimenting with it, just when ever i try to do a full run i seem to trip there, but i believe ill have all in good time

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Quote by StewieSwan
I call bullshit on this. That tapping lick is probably the easiest lick in the entire song

I was talking about the bass part.
Quote by StewieSwan

No, but it could just be that I pwn at sweep picking, and I hate tapping.
In Raining Blood, the riff after the CHUG-CHUG CHUG-CHUG part and before Tom Shouts RAINING BLOOOOOD!!! Can never play it perfectly
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Quote by dustyboy316

This

Its annoying, i usually play it fine, then just stop when this part comes up

It's a really big stretch

That's what she said
Quote by Tango616
Watching a fat kid dance around in a white shirt....wow...Al Gore was right...the glaciers really ARE shifting.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It's because Fassa got banned

RIP Dime
The rhythm in the first riff of Bleed by Meshuggah.

It's just 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 00 1 1 1 2 22 2 1 1 1 1

How can it be so hard?
The intro riff to Smoke on the Water. I mean wtf, what kinda of guitar god do you need to be to play that.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Another Lamb Of God song - Hourglass.

All of it, fine, nothing too tricky.

Then the vomit riff kicks in, and it all falls to pieces.

And for some reason I can never play the really fast tremolo part in Ov Fire And The Void by Behemoth. In the blasts beats, while he growls "Let it be written..." etc.

Cannot do that, no clue why.

Also, the verse riff in Hammer Smashed Face.

Actually, there's a lot of stuff like this.

Really ****in’ fast

x2
a-----------------------------------------------------------------
e-5-3-2-0-6-5-3-0-5-3-2-0-6-5-3-0-5-3-2-0-6-5-3-0-5-3-2-0-6-5-3-0-

x3
d--------------------------------------------------3--------------
a--------------------------------------------------1--------------
e-5-3-2-0-6-5-3-0-5-3-2-0-6-5-3-0-5-3-2-0-6-5-3-0-------

When this shit comes up in raining blood it sounds like a bucketfull of distorted fail
then again I haven't tried slowing down the riff and building up to it but nevertheless its quite troublesome
Dani California, the very last part when he has a crapload of effects layered onto his tone. It's not that he's playing very fast, but I still haven't been able to figure out the rhythm of those notes.
Quote by SinSyringe
Really ****in’ fast

x2
a-----------------------------------------------------------------
e-5-3-2-0-6-5-3-0-5-3-2-0-6-5-3-0-5-3-2-0-6-5-3-0-5-3-2-0-6-5-3-0-

x3
d--------------------------------------------------3--------------
a--------------------------------------------------1--------------
e-5-3-2-0-6-5-3-0-5-3-2-0-6-5-3-0-5-3-2-0-6-5-3-0-------

When this shit comes up in raining blood it sounds like a bucketfull of distorted fail
then again I haven't tried slowing down the riff and building up to it but nevertheless its quite troublesome

It's pretty simple.

I didn't bother slowing it down, just kept going at it - playing it over and over for hours. Eventually I got it nice and clean.
All songs, because I tend to be at best mediocre in my guitar skills.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
I think in Whole Lotta Love and Immigrant song There is this random part I cant play and it irratates me...
Rofl?

Lol Cross. The Power of LOL Compels you!
ive always found that "the glass prison" by Dream theater is a fairly easy song (by DT standards ) except for the alternate picked rythm at the beginning. I always seem to do one too many notes
Symphony of destruction - that last little bit of the solo
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

We raise the Vibratory so high
That all untruth will fall of its own dead weight
Quote by AngusPetrucci
ive always found that "the glass prison" by Dream theater is a fairly easy song (by DT standards ) except for the alternate picked rythm at the beginning. I always seem to do one too many notes

I actually seem to be able to play most of Dream Theaters stuff, except when they hit a fast instrumental part - like in The Glass Prison for example - I fail almost every time
Page 1 of 2