My DRRI was humming badly about a week ago. It was suggested that I'd killed one of my preamp tubes, so I just took out Channel 1 and put it into Channel 2 and it was all good.

Now it's humming badly again. It doesn't do it when there's nothing plugged in. It only happened this morning after playing through an attenuator for a bit. Wtf is happening?
If it doesn't do it when nothing is plugged in, the problem lies elsewhere.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I tightened the jack on the guitar and tried a different lead and it's still doing it.
Is your signal path just Guitar->Amp->Speaker?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Have you tried your stuff through another amp to make sure it wasn't the cause? If so, you might want to try GB&C. They can probably help you more but I'm not sure of what they can do without actually seeing it.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by warrenduane
Just tried it with a VJ and it is doing the same thing...must be my Strat.

Is there less hum when you touch the bridge/strings? If not, you need to ground the pickups to the bridge.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

How do I ground the pickups to the bridge? I tried a different cable but same result, so must be the guitar I guess.
if you hand tightened this is why...

you ripped off a wire.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
You can still hear the guitar, but there's a louder than normal buzz. I just opened up the jack plate and there is no wire ripped off. There is one connected to either side of the jack. Do they have to be positioned in a certain way though?
untangled, and very secure. ground wire to innermost lug.

loose will buzz, tangled can buzz. you'll still hear it, but it'll buzz.

if it's not that ground wire, if you're 100% sure, move to the ground wire in the trem cavity.

then you have to open the guitar, until you find it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

well, i guess they look secure enough. you'll have to give a little tug to be sure.

then feel free to plug in the cable while the jack is out of the guitar like that, see if moving the jack changes the hum.

also, you swapped the guitar cable, right?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

sorry man, it's a lose wire. you have to find it anyway, guess you need a new jack too now, if you mean you snapped off the metal nub where the wire connects.

a jack is a couple of dollars at radio shack.

if you feel this is too hard, perhaps a tech is your best option here.

hopefully when he puts the new jack on it'll stop, because that was the problem.
but if it doesnt, you still have to check the wire in the trem cavity.

you'll still also want to check that, that guitar cable is good.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62