anyone listened to the bbc radio 1 interview?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b012kmx0

i know they wanted to come across as being ultra indie but they just sounded like ignorant assholes.

"WU LYF is nothing, four dumb kids calling out heavy longings for a place to call home, two brothers greet two brothers and play heavy pop."

it is nothing more than "middle of the road" indie pop. it's just the ****ing arrogance and pathetic gimmick behind this band that just makes it completely unbearable.
^ did you even listen to the interview? what did i say that made me sound ignorant?
I was just about to start a new thread on these guys when I found this. Just wanted to say that after listening to Go Tell Fire to the Mountain for the best part of a year now, it's grown to be one of my favourite albums of all time. Could be a personal thing because I've heard it a lot through some tough times, but I'm really glad I found this band

Anyway, We Bros was FUCKING AWESOME at Coachella!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfOUyQptcCc
Quote by SugarRush66
Love the music, but can't get on with that "singer" at all

I'd like to modify this statement - the music is still by far the best thing about these guys, but the singer's perfectly alright too. Also they make for an incredible live band, like some tribalistic ritual
Quote by turncoat60%
lyrics are legit

I can barely ever make out what he's saying at all, but goddamn does he say it.

I'm going to have to give Go Tell Fire to the Mountain another listen. I really, really like "We Bros", I feel like I didn't give that album enough attention when I listened to it the first few times.

EDIT: As for the singing, I feel like without his vocals, they wouldn't be nearly as nice to listen too. They'd just be another vaguely post-rock indie band in the whole ocean of vaguely post-rock indie bands. His voice is what makes it unique. I mean, not INCREDIBLY unique, but I enjoy it.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Apr 24, 2012,