I'm a beginner player, I used to play a couple years ago and i just picked up the instrument again, ive been going at it again for like 4 months or so. i currently have a piece of shit Crate Gx-15 which came with my first guitar which is just unbearable to listen to if i try any distortion. I play an epiphone dot studio, and i play mostly beatles and foo fighters right now. But in general I play classic rock and alternative. I'm looking for a 30 watt in the 200-300 price range. Im thinking of an effects amp right now cause i would like the availability of different sounds easily because once again im just starting out. I've had my eye on the Vox VT30 and have heard a lot of good things about. Any other recomendations would be great thanks
Check out a Peavey Vypyr 30. I have one, it sounds amazing with any style you try to play.
Dude you probably mentioned the best or at least highest regarded budget minded modeling amp right off the bat. The Vox VT30 is a great amp for what you want. The only way to go better than that would be looking at things like Vettas which cost a pretty good bit brand new. I think the Vox is definitely you best option but I'm sure other people can recommend some others. Good luck!