Page 1 of 2
C'mon, everyone must have at least one I know I do.

I would say one of mine is Holy Diver, I listen to it occasionally but I like the solo way more than the rest of the song.
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
I Am A Viking - Yngwie Malmsteen. don't like malmsteen, don't like shred in general, but that solo is ****in awesome.
Selkies: The Endless Obsession - BTBAM, but I love the song regardless. But I'd rather just listen to their entire discography over and over anyway
Symphony X - Awakenings

The rest of the song is great, but the guitar solos at the end make it brilliant.

EDIT: I forgot an obvious one: Free Bird!
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
Last edited by Quintessence153 at Jan 11, 2010,
stairway to heaven - led zeppelin, scar tissue - rhcp
Originally Posted by halfcabdisaster7

Actually I once met a guy...? needless to say he died...

panic buttkiss seizure
i dont think i really know of any...i looooove some solos in songs but i love the whole song cuz the solo is the just the culmination of greatness
Pantera - Floods

my favorite dime solo of all time
"Music is moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true, and beautiful"
Ligeia - Annihilator If you like thrash and have'nt heard of these guys you should be shot, brang back to life, and forced to buy one of their albums to show you the error of your ways.
P.S. If you have any complaints about anything i have said, please put them in the form of a kiss and address them to my ass. Thank you.
Um, can't really think of my all time favorite right now but the song that keeps popping in my head is Walk by Pantera.

RIP Dimebag.
Quote by stratkat
ur a fat starfish

[17:16] beat: fellatio eh? *adds to list*
[17:16] beat: i love nuts
When I was 11, Through the Fire and The Flames.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Wilco - Impossible Germany
Don't get me wrong, I love that song to death, but the solo is what really gets me. No fancy metal-like shredding going on there, but the three guitars playing on top of each other, sometimes in unison, sometimes not, is incredible.
mr. crowley
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by IHateEmos&Preps
Ligeia - Annihilator If you like thrash and have'nt heard of these guys you should be shot, brang back to life, and forced to buy one of their albums to show you the error of your ways.

They live here in Ottawa

In fact, I know where they practice!
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
I would of said Selkies, The Endless Obession by Between the Buried and Me, except nowadays I really do like the rest of the song.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
'Death and the Healing' and 'Battle Against Time', both by Wintersun. Long, epic, jaw-breaking solos .
November Rain by Guns N' Roses

Painkiller by Judas Priest

Blackened By Metallica

I see someone put Mr. Crowley thats a pretty good one too.

Hit me up if you wanna talk guitar solos cause thats what I'm all about lol.
Mr. Crowley

Tornado of Souls
PRS SE Custom 22
Peavey Vypyr 30

"When you look into the eyes of a man grown old,
wonder about the secrets gone untold.

When you look into the eyes of a young child,
marvel at the innocence running wild."
*insert any RHCP song here*

Although I do really enjoy Flea's bass chops. Chad Smith is a cool guy and a great drummer, but I'm just not a drum enthusiast. Anthony Kiedis on the other hand.... They should have fired him and let John sing... and they should have given John total creative control.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by Lord_Vhailor
'Death and the Healing' and 'Battle Against Time', both by Wintersun. Long, epic, jaw-breaking solos .

Oooh nice, yeah I listen to Wintersun for the solos too. Especially Winter Madness.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
I started to like Comfortably Numb by PF because of the solo, now I like the rest of the song too.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
I'm not gonna lie, I really ****ing hate guitar solos. I like guitar when its used towards the composition and feel of the song. I feel like most solos are just like masturbation. I dunno.
The Final Cut - Coheed & Cambria

There's blood in the water
Sinking, always sinking

Quote by Spartan070sarge
*insert any RHCP song here*

Although I do really enjoy Flea's bass chops. Chad Smith is a cool guy and a great drummer, but I'm just not a drum enthusiast. Anthony Kiedis on the other hand.... They should have fired him and let John sing... and they should have given John total creative control.

That's true...but still

As for solos, Sweet Child o' Mine and Free Bird.
cat
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
what's a guitar 'solo'?

Something a bassist will never have the ability to do.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
Something a bassist will never have the ability to do.

errrrrrr.....I'm a drummer. Also, Mark King and Geddy Lee want a word....
Page 1 of 2