So I got a job at subway, and on my W-4 it asked me how many dependents I wanted to claim. I put 1, only myself. I'm 18 yr old and live with my girlfriend and her parents so I have nobody else. However, her dad told me to put 10, so I get even less money taken out of my paycheck. Is this illegal? Should I do it?

Also, anybody work at subway? Do they take 2.79 out of your paycheck everyday for food, even if you don't eat..?
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Warrior WRXT *FS/FT*
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Part of UG's 7 STRING LEGION
It's only illegal if you want to get busted for tax evasion lol.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Oh, okay. So I should leave it at 1 dependent then? Also, for the state tax withholding I put 11.5%. So they're taking out minimal taxes? How much are they taking out for my W-4 or whatever? First job lol.
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Warrior WRXT *FS/FT*
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Part of UG's 7 STRING LEGION
Quote by ReinventingEvil
So I got a job at subway, and on my W-4 it asked me how many dependents I wanted to claim. I put 1, only myself. I'm 18 yr old and live with my girlfriend and her parents so I have nobody else. However, her dad told me to put 10, so I get even less money taken out of my paycheck. Is this illegal? Should I do it?

Also, anybody work at subway? Do they take 2.79 out of your paycheck everyday for food, even if you don't eat..?

Good now go make me a sandwich...... NOW!
Quote by ReinventingEvil
Oh, okay. So I should leave it at 1 dependent then? Also, for the state tax withholding I put 11.5%. So they're taking out minimal taxes? How much are they taking out for my W-4 or whatever? First job lol.

no, you have zero dependents, so even putting one would be tax fraud (unless the form tells you to include yourself.)

Putting 10 at age 18 or any age TBH, is a surefire way to get audited.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Frost_Power
If i knew how to report i would, this is stupid

Quote by Tango616
Watching a fat kid dance around in a white shirt....wow...Al Gore was right...the glaciers really ARE shifting.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It's because Fassa got banned

RIP Dime
Quote by ....Satan
*Fassa*

Oh shit!
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by ReinventingEvil

I worked there for a year. Each franchise can do their own thing, corporate rules don't affect what's in your paycheck.

Also, yeah very illegal don't bother. You'll get most of it back later on.
Like the previous speakers, tax evasion is not recommended.
¯|(°_o)/¯
When asked about dependants, I thought that it was only referring to people other than yourself. Which means you may have already committed accidental tax evasion, worryingly. I could be wrong though - it might be different in the US to the UK.
I can't think of a signature.
Vietnow is right, if it's just you, you should have listed 0 dependents. But deliberately listing a lot more is just begging for an IRS agent to come knocking at your door, and those guys can make your life very miserable for a very long time.
Quote by MightyAl
Back in my day, the teacher had to come to my tribe's village and inspect my cave-paintings in person.
For some reason, he thought the bison I painted was his mother, and gave me an F.

It wasn't my fault they look so similar.
if you put 0 they will take more taxes, but when you file a tax return at the end of the year you will get a larger refund, you CAN put 1, and your paychecks will be slightly larger but you will either owe a little bit of taxes or get a small refund. Putting 10 is a horrible idea because you will owe a ton of taxes when it comes time to file.
They think they know who I am....all they know is I love to kill.