okay so i know i've posted asking about pickups before, But Im going to change my bridge pickup in my Strat from an Invader to a JB,

now there HAS to be somebody on here with some experience with this.

I can pick up a JB Trembucker for 35$.

the invader isn't wide enough and it kinda looks like shit, not to mention the sound is to fat sounding and edgy, im looking for a slightly more organic sounding humbucker.....
so im pretty sure it will fit with no issues?
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Last edited by LPstudioWRz28 at Jan 11, 2010,
why wouldnt it work?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
So your changing from an Invader to a JB because it looks shit in your guitar? What about the sound? The JB has a different sound and so may make your playing sound "crap". Doing it just for aesthetics seems a bit silly to me.
Blinded by the exertions of man
I stumble through the haze of modern malfunctions

Dropping myself into darkness
The invader's going to be pretty ugly in ANY guitar. If you like the sound that comes out of your guitar now, keep the invader. If not, THEN change to the JB.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by FrustratedRocka
The invader's going to be pretty ugly in ANY guitar. If you like the sound that comes out of your guitar now, keep the invader. If not, THEN change to the JB.

i dont like the sound either

Quote by Major Bob
So your changing from an Invader to a JB because it looks shit in your guitar? What about the sound? The JB has a different sound and so may make your playing sound "crap". Doing it just for aesthetics seems a bit silly to me.

it looks like shit because i have the wrong pickguard, and the hole for the humbucker's too wide.... but as far as functionality goes theres nothing wrong with the setup, i just dont like the sound as it is a bit too edgy and fat sounding for what im trying to do..... Im NOT doing this for visual purposes. I'm not an ignorant jackass. I've done alot of youtube research as far as pickups go, and by numerous recommendations i'm going to settle on the JB

and ive made threads regarding the sound already. The invader was an impulse buy at GC and it ended up not exactly being the sound that im looking for......

im more worried about if the trembucker is going to fit or not, but i guess it should
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Last edited by LPstudioWRz28 at Jan 11, 2010,
If the hole is too wide for the invader, it's too wide for the JB. They're the same dimensions.
Quote by Roc8995
If the hole is too wide for the invader, it's too wide for the JB. They're the same dimensions.

im buying the TB-4 trembucker version not the SH-4 JB
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat