Hi,
I have just started playing guitar and don't know anything.The POS cable that came with my Yamaha Pacifica 112V broke after 4 days.Presumably where I put the guitar on the floor and scrunched the lead . Anyway I want to buy a better quality, inexpensive lead and guess I will go for a Belden 9395.Does anyone have any comments on this cables.
i don't know about that cable but i know klots and leem cables are very good, also dimarzio and planet waves are supposed to be pretty good
Planet waves make good reliable and durable cables. I've owned one for nearly three years, use it all the time, still good as the day I bought it. No other cable I've owned has lasted that long. You should try one out.
I use Hosa patch cables, and Fender California 18ft cables.
I've tried more expensive cables, and cheaper ones, and they didn't last.
DiMarzio, Planet Waves, Elixir (hear-say), Bullet Cable.

All good, but expensive.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Maybe get a Monster cable. That's what I use. There's a lifetime warrenty so you won't have to buy another one when it shorts out.
Ibanez cables are some of the best cables I've ever used, (yes, Ibanez makes cables). The new kind they have out is the Series 96 cables, $15 for a noisless 15 foot cable, that is tough as hell, and has gold plated contacts. I've had my original Ibanez cable for 4 years, and I have abuse the hell out of it, I've used it in place of a speaker cable for a 50 watt tube amp, I've used it as a rope, I've run over it countless times with my rolly chair. And its still going strong.
I'm going to have to vouch for planet waves. I was going through leads every couple of months but then I bought this 21 foot planet waves cable and it's lasted me about 2 and a half years so far... Plus it came with a lifetime warrenty.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
I'm gonna try out some Planet Waves then. All the cables I have seem to go out of order after a few months.

Nice sig Aleksi, totally agree.
Are you sure you just don't have the volume knob turned down on either the guitar or on the amp?

It sounds kind of strange that you broke a cable just by putting it down. Some scratchiness or an intermittant signal I can maybe see, but it seems odd that it completely stopped working.
Monster cables sound great. I really like them alot.

Planet waves are a little cheaper, but sound great as well.

If you cant afford those, you can go with another alternative, but just make sure they are shielded. Some stores have their own brand...and I have actually gotten some really good ones.

You would be surprised what a difference a better cable makes.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Quote by Nalakram
Are you sure you just don't have the volume knob turned down on either the guitar or on the amp?

It sounds kind of strange that you broke a cable just by putting it down. Some scratchiness or an intermittant signal I can maybe see, but it seems odd that it completely stopped working.

What typically happens with cables when they are abused or the jack gets steped on while its plugged into something, breaking the connection. I've actually melted jack connections on cables before, never use instrument cables as stereo cables from your amp to your cab, the results are less than desirable.

But you never want a fuzzy cable, especially one that cracks when you move around. Investing in a solid noiseless cable is a must.