I recently bought myself a dirt cheap ebay guitar, with the intention of completely re-doing it to be my own personal creation, starting with refinishing it, and eventually putting on a brand new neck and new pups.

So far I've stripped the guitar down to wood, and primed it, with pencilled designs on there of what i want to paint.

here are some pics of the pencilled designs

ill post pictures of the painted product later tonight probably.
Looks like a Wesley Stealth Dragon. I'm pretty sure it's nothing else.

It'll be interesting to see how this turns out!
Time is a great teacher. Unfortunatly, it kills all of its pupils.
Wow, I had never heard of that guitar, but yeah you are right, as a correction, the guitar is in fact a copy of a wesley stealth dragon.

thanks man.
wow, thats pretty cool, cant wait to see how it turns out!
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Alrighty, here are the pics of the painted body artwork.

I have a couple more besides these so I'll post them up some other time.

Enjoy.

haha, thats awesome.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
What film are those things on the bottom left horn from? I've totally saw it, i just cannot for the life of me remember it's name.
What did you use for the paint? I had my girlfriend draw on a Tele but it would work way better if you she could pencil everything then trace over it. Was it a Sharpie/paint pen? I've been wanting to redo my old Warlock.

Looks awesome
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
The Painting was done with just standard paints from the local Bunnings, they were either acrylic or enamel, I think it might have been enamal. Then the guitar was sealed with spray lacquer.

Which brings me to my question/dissapointed realization.

The spray has yellowed the white on the guitar, so im now looking at a sorta bone colour as opposed to the nice white I had on there before. Does anyone know why that happened? or any possibly solutions that wouldnt require stripping it all back?
It had to be the lacquer you used. That's all I can think of.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls