Ok, before I state what I need to learn, i'm sorry if this has been posting before

I need to learn the major, minor pentatonic and blues scales. How many is there? I need to learn them in all the keys and the shapes. Can someone please send me a link?

Cheers!
I actually had a college audition for music today and he gave me a list of stuff I need to learn by September. One was learning the notes on the fretboard which i'm half way through. Can't no one provide me a link?
Learn how to play any major scale and how it is constructed. All you need to do then to play any other major scale is start with a different note.

e.g. A major scale starts on 5th fret of low e-string. you want to play C#major, Play exactly the same thing on the 9th fret of the E-string.

Once you get that concept scales become easy, and once you learn to construct scales then it is not hard to work out any other scales like minor or blues . To get from the Pentatonic to the blues just add a b5. If you know how to construct scales that should be easy to do.
Last edited by doive at Jan 11, 2010,
The list he gave me:

1.) All notes on the fretboard up to the 12th fret. Currently doing this as I think doing this first will make the next three easier.

2.) Chords with root on the 6th string: Major, minor, 7th.

3.) Chords with root on the 5th string: Major, minor, 7th.

4.) Scales: Major, minor pentatonic, blues scales.
Power metal kid... what is the formula to construct a major or minor pentatonic? Koen is right in saying you should figure it out for yourself.

Your formula would be set against the major scale... any major scale. So if you know your major scale formula (which is R - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7), then working out your major pentatonic is going to be easy.

Major pentatonic R - 2 - 3 - 5 - 6

Your minor pentatonic would be just as easy R - b3 - 4 - 5 - b7

Your blues would be adding a b5 to the minor pentatonic.

Now take your major pentatonic, say C at 8th fret low E string... three frets down from that, A at 5th fret low E, you can play your minor pentatonic and blues scale there.

Your next task is to do the same on the A string and D string. work it out or go to justinguitar.com... I'm sure he'll have it there.