Hi guys,

I'm new to the world of external effects units and am having some issues with my OD-3 I recently bought.

My setup is, Ibanez SA Series (can't remember the model off the top of my head, it has a double coil and 2x single coil pickups) ->Boss OD-3 ->Marshall MG Series 100 DFX Amp.

The problem is, when I was researching which overdrive pedal to buy most reviews suggested the OD-3 to be "the best" as it has a warm tone with great low end, pretty much what I was looking for

However, when I set up to play all I could get after about an hour of playing with settings on both my amp, my guitar and my pedal, was either a real flat sounding overdrive or the sound I wanted with hardly any bass in it.

My clean channel (pedal set to off) sounds great, really crisp with plenty of low, middle and top.

I thought it might have something to do with my tone knob on the guitar being a bit tempremental, but like I say, the clean channel sounds great.

Any help you could offer on the situation, i.e. setup, settings etc. would be great.

Thanks