Page 1 of 3
No disrespect OP but you're asking to get flamed. I state the blindingly obvious because you seemed to have still managed to post this thread.
Last edited by Big Spender at Jan 11, 2010,
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Drugs are for losers

And really good artists.
Smart Pothead and Proud
Just know about the beatles that "lucy in the sky with diamonds" was NOT about drugs...

but drugs arent cool kids
Metallica anyone? But then again pretty much all of em at some point or in some way. they may be illegal but drugs make for damn good music
Knowledge is power
Quote by tragorious
All

this

EDIT: but not christian bands
Last edited by sol-sob-on-pcp at Jan 11, 2010,
Any band that doesn't suck. Drugs expand your mind, they're not for everyone and I wouldn't tell anyone to try any drug. But it's how people have been making art and music for a very long time. And that's a fact.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I once wore that shirt and it got me so many bitches my penis got a rash from gropage.
Can't believe no one has said Tool yet...
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Ninja#117
Metallica anyone? But then again pretty much all of em at some point or in some way. they may be illegal but drugs make for damn good music

Metallica was mostly alcohol fueled and I can say they probably smoked a bit of weed at some point back in the 80s and 90s.. I think apart from those, Kirk and Lars were on coke I think. I read about Liam/Noel Gallagher inspiring Lars to stop doing coke and Kirk mentioned he did drugs on Some Kind of Monster.

/fanboy.
rolling stones.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Aerosmith would be a pretty obvious one for hard drugs. Kyuss would be a good one for soft drugs
All Hail the Mighty Mastodon

Hail them now, hail them good, hail them just like you should. My neck my back uuuuuuhhhh just like that.. .. .. wat?
There is always the belief that when the singer for Iron Butterfly was writing "Ina-Gadda-Da-Vidda", he was apparently high off his ass on weed.
johnny cash's music was affected quite a bit by drugs
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Fender 300CE T-Bucket
Dean DOF ML [For Sale]
Marshall AVT 2000 valvestate
Ibanez modified turbo tube screamer
Digitech RP250
Quote by icaneatcatfood
You've lost me.

Really cause pretty much all major bands from any time era especially from the 70s on have had drugs influence their music.

Metallica- arguably their best work (Master of puppets, And Justice for All , Kill em All etc) came at a time when they were know heavy drinkers and drug users.

Jimi Hendrix- Influential guitarist and master showman do we really have to go there as far a drug usage?

Pink Floyd- Yeah you get the point

And the list goes on and on. Though illegal like i said it opens the mind and allows for the creativity and free thinking that seem to signify music
Knowledge is power
How can there be over 20 posts in a "bands influenced by drugs" thread without the mention of Motley Crue? The fact that they're all alive is far beyond any reasoning. (Though their drug use has led to deaths outside the band)
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
The Jonas Brothers

oh wait, I thought it was bands you had to be on drugs to listen too....my bad

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by icaneatcatfood
I don't see any good music in that list though.

What's your idea of good music?

Pretty much every band from the '60s onwards has had members who have used or been around drugs, honestly. It would be much easier to think of bands who DON'T use drugs (and even then, they'd be likely to have used them and given them up).
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Muse were on mushrooms when they recorded Plug in Baby.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Quote by Raijouta
What's your idea of good music?

Pretty much every band from the '60s onwards has had members who have used or been around drugs, honestly. It would be much easier to think of bands who DON'T use drugs (and even then, they'd be likely to have used them and given them up).

Insane Clown Posse.
Pink floyd were not drug users!! Syd Barrett yes but the rest of the band no!! This is a misconception. Gilmore and waters were both drinkers but not heavily. Here is an excerpt from an interview with Rick Write:

"Q: The psychedelic music, the Pink Floyd's and also in your album, was always connected to drugs. What came first in your case?

Rick: Factually, we started during the late '60s with the psychedelic music, a period that was known as experimental as far as drugs were concerned. The Pink Floyd were in the middle of that culture, so everyone naturally assumed that we were also doing drugs. But that wasn't the case. In Syd Barrett's case it was, but not in our case. I think that music was our drug. Of course, we all did drugs here and there in social events, but I've tried only once in my life, and it was marijuana, before a show. We went onstage, I think it was in Paris in '68, and I couldn't play a single note. Actually, I did manage to play one note. It's a mistake thinking that drugs supplied Pink Floyd with the inspiration. The ones who took drugs were the ones who came to see the shows. "

They did not use drugs to influence their music!

Here is another quote from the interview:

"Q: During that period it was popular to take LSD before the show.

Rick: (lighting another Marlboro) We didn't even think of that. Personally, maybe because of the way I was educated I didn't feel a need. It's true that there are a lot of bands who do that, but it's a mythos that the Pink Floyd did drugs in shows. The most we took was half a of beer."
Quote by dubstar92
A few years a ago, I played with it alot and got my time down to 42 secs. Right now, I'm probably around a 55 sec average.
Last edited by geeve420 at Jan 11, 2010,
Red Hot Chili Peppers. Read Scar Tissue, Anthony Kiedis' autobiography. Also, the John Frusciante solo albums from the nineties, "Niadra La Des and Usually Just A T-Shirt" and "Smile From The Streets You Hold", the latter of which was sold just for drug money. They're brilliant albums, but very experimental in places and kinda scary too.
suicide silence wrote their latest album on weed
Ben

GEAR:
Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Deluxe
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar
Blackstar ht-5 head
Blackstar ht-408 cab
Landola V72 Acoustic
Seymour Duncan Woody SC

Quote by lolometer1
Wanna be sex buddies?
Quote by housemd
nope.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Insane Clown Posse.

I'm sure they were on drugs too.

/feeding the troll
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Quote by geeve420
*Post of win*

Was hoping someone else would get this. There's other interviews too were they've denied it.

Can't believe no-one's mentioned The Doors in this thread.
Santana. He took acid at Woodstock and there was a problem with the scheduling and he had to go on three hours early which was long before he had come down. Apparently in his mind he was chasing the neck of his guitar around the entire show.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Insane Clown Posse.

Lol shun early metallica and Hendrix but accept what looks like slipknot rejects and sound like a bunch of streetpunks with suspect musical talent? I havent listened to alot of their music but what i did hear sucked...ballz
Knowledge is power
The Grateful Dead.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Page 1 of 3