I just bought a Gibson LP, and hoped that the strap locks I have on my Epi LP would just be able to swap between the two. However, the nubs (whatever the metal bits you put the strap on are called ) on the Gibson are considerably smaller than the ones on the Epi, so it won't fit. I could swap them over, but when I did it to my Epi it ended up damaging the wood and the actual metal part came loose from the guitar. Obviously I don't want this to happen to my Gibson.

So, are there any strap locks that will fit straight off, or if not, will be of a similar size so that screwing them into the guitar won't damage the wood?

Thanks.
I can't think of a signature.
Schallers eh? I've had them recommended to me elsewhere. So I'm glad you've suggested them!

Do they come in the small size of the Gibson 'nubs', do you know?
if you can't find some that fit right into it, you could always use a (don't freak!) drill and drillbit to make the screw hole slightly wider, so that it won't crack the wood at all when you put the new screw in.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Wow! That is the best way I have seen Grolsch used! Thanks guys. Now I have an excuse to go and buy beer

One question though: do you think they will take the weight of a Les Paul? Have any of you used them?
^ It's a far less painful use than as a beverage. Dutch beer is awful.

I screwed my Schallers right into the holes. The screws fit perfectly from the stock nubs.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
as far as i know they only come in one size, dont really see why you would need bigger/smaller, just replace the metal thingies with the ones you get in the package with the straplock, if the screws wont fit just use the ones you already have.
I recommend Schallers or Grover strap locks. (They're both the same design and interchangeable.) Please stay away from the Dunlops, they're hard to put on a strap, and they stick out way to far when they're locked onto the guitar. I was not happy with them.
Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15
Quote by bubb_tubbs
^ It's a far less painful use than as a beverage. Dutch beer is awful.

I screwed my Schallers right into the holes. The screws fit perfectly from the stock nubs.

STFU about dutch beer
^ Hey man, truth hurts.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Neither Schallers or Dunlops will fit the existing hole of your LP, your gonna have to mod something. My LP I ended up just using the existing screw with the Dunlop button and I grinded the head diameter down. Worked like a charm. I'm not sure if that would work with the Schallers or not, but the screw fit the Dunlop button perfectly once the head was tweaked.
Also, before people argue yet again about which strap lock is better, realize its mostly just a personal preference on looks. If you look at the top selling strap locks on musicians friend, they are dunlops, followed closely by Schallers. They both work, they just look different.
Quote by Vietnow!
Schallers eh? I've had them recommended to me elsewhere. So I'm glad you've suggested them!

Do they come in the small size of the Gibson 'nubs', do you know?

I got a set of shallers for my Gibson LP the screws are a bit big. so its a very perminant change.
i have a set of Dunlop straplocks, but instead of using the screws that came with the straplocks, i used the original screws that came with my Gibson Les Paul. they've been working perfectly for 2 years now.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by Waterboy799
i have a set of Dunlop straplocks, but instead of using the screws that came with the straplocks, i used the original screws that came with my Gibson Les Paul. they've been working perfectly for 2 years now.

Ah, common sense that I should have thought of

Thanks for all the help guys. Think I'm going to try out the Grolsch seals first, only because they don't need anything changing on the actual guitar (I am totally paranoid it - it's like having a child and if they don't work out I'll try one of the other suggestions